Product code in checkout, invoice, emails etc

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 11 months ago #15347

Hello,

Can you also include by default product codes in all documentation, such as checkout summary, invoice, order confirmations, etc etc. I cannot be the only person whose clients use primarily product codes to track their products.

Thanks, James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13061
12 years 11 months ago #15361

Hi,

The product codes are not included by default in them. Actually, we believe that there are more people who don't want the product code displayed everywhere for aesthetics and that's why we didn't add it by default.
You can always go in the menus Display->Views and System->Emails to add it...
What we could do though is to add it with some CSS to have it hidden so that you can display it more easily by just editing the CSS.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15398

Hello,

I seem to experience the same problem and any help is appreciated. I changed the display of the articles to include the product code (for me this is very important). But now I seem to run into following (any suggestions on how to change are appreciated):
1. The cart does not display the products code (also when checking out the product code is not shown. i would need this on all documentation (e-mail, invoice etc).
2. The search option does not look for product code

I attach a small screen with the items mentioned. This is a test site that runs locally (version 1.4.9, business edition). After I have set up the complete shop it will go 'live'.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by ibrouwer. Reason: File included

12 years 11 months ago #15399

@Ibrouwer,

I can answer your second point about the search. If you are running the latest version (1.4.9) you can now easily add product code search. Here is how:

1) Login to you back admin
2) From the Extension menu choose Plugin Manager
3) In the 'Select Type' filter (top right) choose 'Search'
4) Click on the HikaShop products search plugin
5) Under 'Parameters' there is now the 'Fields' option. Click on 'Select' to choose the fields you want search to look into

I want basically the same product code display as you have indicated in your sreen sheet. As soon as I have set up I will let you know how to.

@Nicolas - could you not go one better than css and set up a configure option to turn off or on the product code display??

• Thank you received: 13061
12 years 11 months ago #15404

An option is a good idea.
Well look at that for next version.

12 years 11 months ago #15406

Fantastic Nicolas. Look forward to it.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15409

@jameswadsworth with your help I made the search change in 2 seconds, thanks a lot. Works like a dream.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds