Cannot set parent category

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15670

I am using the latest version updat of Hika shop. I have created menu and a product listing item in that menu. associated a module with it, but when I press the parent category button I get the pop up with the directory of my categories. I select the one I want but it says there is no products in the category even though I have set a the category with the products in them as shown in my products listing. There is no button to allow me to use the category I want. I don't know if there is something wrong with my install orI'm just not doing it right.

Can anyone help.

I am finding the set up on Hiks shop very confusing, maybe because there are so many options to choose from.

Ian

File Attachment:

File Name: Doc2-20110504.doc
File Size:167 KB

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13058
12 years 11 months ago #15672

On the screen of the screenshot, you need to click on the "Product category" link of the explorer in the popup. That will display the list of your categories. On each row, you should have a use icon (a green +) where you can click in order to use it.

12 years 11 months ago #15694

This is the problem. When I click on the product category I want to use I just get what is in the screen shot, no products listed, when I have put products into the category when I set up the individual products in the fist place. These are shown when I view "products" from the Hika menu. However they are no showing when I click "categories" in the same menu. When I use the explorer on the left to click on a category it lets me there are no products listed. It seems that the products did not go into categories properly.

12 years 11 months ago #15703

Please read my message again. When you're on the screen of your screenshot, you should not directly click on your category name on the explorer on the left but on the category called "Product category". That will display all the categories on the main area of the popup where you will have the use green icon.

12 years 11 months ago #15706

Thank you now I get it! Takes me a while for me to get the hang of things being new to Hila shop. It's doing what I want. So far it looks like just what I want in a shopping cart.Once you get the it is very fast and easy.

12 years 11 months ago #15709

Every was going great. I set up serveral menu items, cleared the cache and checked them on the frount end so I set them all up. Now I get a blank page with a o in the top LH corner when all the Hika shop menu items are clicked and when I go to the back end. I am using Joomla 1.5.23

What could have happened.

12 years 11 months ago #15730

What do you mean by getting a blank page ?
Is it just the main area of the template which is blank ? Or the whole page?

If it's just the main area, it's likely to be because of a setting somewhere. In that case, could you give a link to your shop so that we can see the problem ?
If it's the whole page, it means that there was a fatal error on the page which stopped the processing. In that case, we will need you to activate the display of errors by turning on the display_errors option of PHP in your php.ini file so that we can see where the problem comes from.

12 years 11 months ago #15950

I have been slow getting back because I reloaded my back up using kickstart and it is running fine and I didn't get the usual email notification. The error was a whole blank page, not even any source code.

Do think I should turn on the display errors option you refered to in my php.ini file? If so how do I do that and where the file located? I couldn't find it. Excuse my ignorance as I am not a coder, just picked up what I needed to do when I needed it.

Thank you your kind assistance.

12 years 11 months ago #15957

If you don't have that blank page any more, you don't need to turn on the display of errors. That is a PHP setting. Thus it needs to be done in your php.ini file. Most of the hosting companies allows you to create a php.ini file at the root of your website in order to override their php settings. So you can put the code below in a php.ini at the root of your website:
display_errors = On

If it doesn't work, then you should ask your hosting company how you can do it as it will depend on how they setup the server.

12 years 11 months ago #15964

Thank you for your help. I will get the file created ready as I have had the blank page problem about 3 or 4 times in the last few weeks. Each time install my back up, a bit of a pain!

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds