Add language filters for new Joomla

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 6 months ago #27824

Hi
As Joomfish seems to have died regarding its implementation for Joomla 1.6/1.7+, it would be an urgent matter to add the built-in Language Filter from Joomla, so that a multilingual site can be implemented.
Is this planned and if yes, when?

In the meantime, it would be helpful to be able to target individual product categories from the website menus, so that I could, for example, have a link from the english menu to the category called English and a seperate link from the german menu to the category called German. It just means building a mirror site per language. For that a copy function in products and categories would be extreemly useful and time saving.

Any plans in this direction?

Regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 months ago #27836

Hi,

It seems indeed that joomfish is not moving much forward unfortunately.
Actually, I've just discovered a new extension for joomla 1.7 which is a revamp of joomfish:
www.faboba.com/en/composants/falang.html
And since it bases itself on joomfish, and by looking a bit at the code in it, you shoudl already be able to use it with HikaShop. You might just need to copy the contentelements included in HikaShop in the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop/translations to the contentelements folder of that extension and if it works, you will be able to edit products translations via the back end of that extension.

Alternatively, you can also duplicate your products and categories (there is a copy button in the Business edition on the products listing to easily duplicate a product), one per language and then, having several category trees, you can indeed have one menu per language.

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 6 months ago #27853

Hi again
Thanks for the prompt answer.

As you said that component looks interesting, however it also looks risky in a beta version. I still believe that you will be better off investing effort to make use of the built in abilities in joomla, especially in the short term.

I've invested in an upgrade to the business edition and created the different categories and will see what that brings.

I have however found a different problem, relating to the modules. What I would like is a simple listing of categories in a side column.
I've activated (per language) a seperate HIKA Shop Content Module, which seems to be right one. It looks good when I'm at the top level of, eg the German page, but for some reason, under the category images, there is a list of the same categories, which I don't want there. See the attached image.

Also, when a category is selected, all the category list disappears in the module, which should, of course remain present as a navigation aid. See the image.
I certainly appreciate your rapid help - that's great.
Regards
David

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by iamalive. Reason: attach second image

12 years 6 months ago #27856

Using completely the built in language system of joomla 1.6+ is not possible as it would be similar to duplicating the products (which you can already do). We would have to basically reimplement joomfish inside HikaShop to have the language system working properly. I don't see how we would be able to pull that off in the short term. That solution I proposed is already way more advanced on that end so I think that we'll just modify a bit the language handling in HikaShop to also support it. I can only see advantages to that option.

The display problem you're experiencing comes from the fact that :
1. In the hikashop options of your hikashop content module which displays your categories on the left, you have the option "synchronize content" which is turned on. That means that the content will change based on what is displayed on the main area. That's why you think that the categories left in your screenshot. It's just that there are no sub categories in the category currently selected.

2. In the hikashop options of the menu item that you're using to display the content in the main area, in the "associated modules" option, you have a module enabled which has its option "type of content" set to categories instead of products.
Normally, when you create a new hikashop content module to display categories, that should not happen as the system creates automatically a module with its type of content to products for the menu. So in any case, you can always look at our tutorial which explains step by step how to create a category listing module:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ml#categories_module

• Thank you received: 4
12 years 5 months ago #30265

Hi.
A good news regarding Joomfish for 1.7 possibly being released at the end of this month.
See this link for more info...

12 years 5 months ago #30314

That's a great news to hear !

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds