Pre Purchase Questions

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #28727

Good afternoon all,

I have setup Hikashop as a test and so far we are happy with what we have found. I do have some questions on the Essential and Business editions.

1) I am not certain from reading the documentation, can I setup separate and unique forms for each product if I upgrade? We are a small town and looking to use Hikashop to offer our Parks classes online, some require a registration form to be completed and some do not. Having the form online, in the checkout process, would be a very good thing.

2) We do not really need to have users on the system, in Joomla, so is it possible to have customers complete a registration to be included in the processed order information? Without creating a new Joomla user for each order.

3) Can I assign a coupon to a product? Currently we give residents of the city a discount on the cost of parks programs, I used the coupon system to provide the discount. A simple solution, but it doesn't allow anyone to make purchases on multiple programs at the discount rate, they only get the discount once per order.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

DAve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #28737

Hi,

1. You can setup forms directly on the product page with custom fields of the table "item" (Business edition only). Then, the user will be able to enter information for each product he adds to his cart.
Additionally, you can have custom fields for the order itself which are displayed on the checkout, or for the user or for the address of the user (they are added on the registration form).

2. Yes. You can do that in our commercial editions by changing the option "registration" to "no registration" in the Checkout tab of the configuration.

3. No. A coupon is applied to the whole order. And you can only have one coupon per order. However, you can use a % of the price instead of a fixed price if you want it to change based on the products in the cart.
Alternatively, you could use discounts. You can restrict the discounts to products or categories in our commercial editions. However, the discounts are not limited to a zone. They are applied automatically to the products price, so it's not what you want either...

12 years 5 months ago #28798

Excellent! I was pretty certain that would be your answers but wanted to be certain.

Thanks,

DAve

12 years 5 months ago #28806

We are in the US. Normally we are able to purchase tax free as we are a municipality (small town government). I know previous EU purchases we have made have been without VAT, how do we go about making a VAT free purchase with Hikashop?

Thanks,

DAve

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by yellowhousejake.

12 years 5 months ago #28824

When you enter your address on our website's checkout, the VAT will be removed automatically if you're outside Europe.

12 years 5 months ago #28910

Done, Business Edition purchased. Thanks!

DAve

12 years 5 months ago #28973

nicolas wrote:

Hi,

1. You can setup forms directly on the product page with custom fields of the table "item" (Business edition only). Then, the user will be able to enter information for each product he adds to his cart.
Additionally, you can have custom fields for the order itself which are displayed on the checkout, or for the user or for the address of the user (they are added on the registration form).

2. Yes. You can do that in our commercial editions by changing the option "registration" to "no registration" in the Checkout tab of the configuration.

Not sure I get how to make this happen. I did set "registration" to "no registration" and I got a window asking for billing address, that's good. No registration required, billing address has to be provided, exactly what we want. Unfortunately the customer information never picks up the name so I end up with a customer list that is all blank, each customer has to be opened to see what the name and address is.

I tried setting up custom fields of type order but they never appeared during checkout. Is there a item I need to include in the checkout workflow to make those custom fields appear?
Uhh, I got the custom fields to display clearing cache on Joomla and the browser. First question still remains.

Thanks, back to the documentation.

DAve

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by yellowhousejake.

12 years 5 months ago #28991

The name column on the customers listing is the name of the user in joomla but if your customers don't have an account created for them, that field is not there and thus isn't displayed.
The name entered by the user is the name for his address. That's why it's not displayed on the customers listing.

It would always be possible to edit the file "listing" of the view "user" via the menu Display->Views to add some code to display the address name instead.

Alternatively, you could change the option "registration" to "simplified" registration. The interface will be the same on the checkout but the user will have an account created for him automatically and the name in his joomla account will be copied from his address name automatically.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds