Cache or not cache this is the problem !

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 3 months ago #39182

Wath do you think about to activate the cache on site with Hikashop?

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by lacasetta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 3 months ago #39212

You should avoid that. The cart/checkout won't work properly if you activate it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lacasetta

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 1 month ago #151039

Hello i want to reply on this . Yes i agree that the cahce is on the checkout is not working. However because i have the cache of now my filter is not working probelly. Let me explane.

If you do a search on the website and you want to return to the page before. It is giving a ERR_CACHE_MISS and an empty page. I would like my sustomers to search and then return to the search page and not a empty error page. Is there a way to make this happen without turning on the cache?

10 years 1 month ago #151053

Hi,

If you have filters on your listings, you need to turn off the cache on these listings.
Basically, anything that can change its display dynamically on the website cannot be cached. So filters, checkout, cart, votes, wishlists, etc
Unfortunately, the basic cache system of joomla doesn't allow for a fine grained selection of what can and cannot be cached. So you'll have to use a third party cache extension if you want to be able to cache the parts of your website that can be cached and not the others which can't.

10 years 1 month ago #151087

So do i understand it correcty that everybody who has his filters on needs to install a 3 party cache system or will have no return option for there customers? I kind of hoped you guys had a solution for this :)

10 years 1 month ago #151123

That's the case. Not much we can do to avoid that since the principle of caching is to not reprocess the pages all the time while a shopping cart cannot work properly if its display cannot change based on what the customer do on the website.

10 years 1 month ago #151178

Hello,

Yes i totally agree that the principal of cache cant be changed. I was more revering to the experience of the customer. What happends now is that the customer cant browse on the webshop without getting error pages when using the filter (search). What i was thinking is that you guys maybe make a plugin that does the following: When a person is clicking on a product from a searchresult he goes to the productpage. This plugin will show a button on top saying: Go back to searchresults. The customer will think that this will bring him back to the search results. However as stated above this is not possible without cache. So what this button really does is creating a new search with the word(s) that are used for the original search.

Its just an idea. :)

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds