New User Account Activation - Admin

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #39789

Joomla 2.5 can be configured to require administrator approval of new user registrations.

Does Hikashop support this functionality and, if so, how can I get it to work? I think I've configured everything correctly, and the other options for New User Account Activation ("None" and "Self") work correctly. But "Admin" behaves like "None", i.e. the user is immediately Enabled and Activated. The user does not have to click on the activation link sent to the user or the approval email is not sent to the administrator.

I'm using Joomla 2.5.1 and Hikashop 1.5.6 (February 2012).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
12 years 2 months ago #39890

That feature of Joomla > 1.7 is not handled in HikaShop so it's normal that it doesn't work.
And there is no easy way to make it work either. There are only two solutions here:
either you either the "self" activation, or you don't use the hikashop registration form and instead put a link to the joomla registration page in the checkout.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jonathan

12 years 2 months ago #39898

Ah, this is a major problem for me. Anyway, thanks for your quick reply, nicolas.

10 years 4 months ago #136795

I'm usign HS 2.2.2 and have problems with admin approval registration too, does the issue continue?

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 4 months ago #136812

Hi,

That should not continue, it had been corrected.
Thanks to give us more informations about your configuration, do you have Joomla 3.2 ?

And first of all thanks to update your hikashop version to 2.2.3, the latest one available on our website :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: zaratustra27

10 years 4 months ago #136954

It's a mix of Community Builder and Hikashop but login/register are handled by native Joomla system, linked to HS, funny, isn't it?

Client decided to use 'Self' registration, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds