Product view varies by browser

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #48996

Hi,

I've noticed that my product view varies depending on which browser you use. The view I expect is appearing in Explorer, but not in Safari or Firefox. See: www.aliu.biz/index.php/our-products/butt...er-balm-0-15-oz.html

I'm a beginner to all of this so unsure why this is happening. Can anyone provide advice?

Thanks,
Lashelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
11 years 11 months ago #49000

Not sure what differences you are seeing, they are very close to each other when I view them in the different browsers for me. The differences you are seeing are probably due to the different ways in which each browser vendor implements html viewing, Internet explorer is usually the worse offender on this and tries to do things slightly different to everyone else and force their ideas ;).

The art to any site is trying to make it look as good as in you can in all the browsers, but they will never look 100% the same, even the most basic site ! I find firefox looks the best, then ie, then chrome seems to be trying to catch up. But thats just my view of course.

Was there anything in particular you felt was out ?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #49043

File Attachment:

File Name: ProductViews.docx
File Size:569 KB

The biggest difference is that in IE the product information, Add to Cart Button and Ingredient information is all on the right-hand side of the page whereas in Safari & Firefox it's showing below the product. I've attached a word doc with screen shots. Is this what you were seeing?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 17
11 years 11 months ago #49078

Hi Lashelle

Spookily enough someone else has just had the same issue,its to do with browsers being different to each other and sometimes rendering pages just ever so slightly different.

Just adjust .hikashop_product_right_part{ width: 45%; } in the CSS (whatever width works in all browsers) for your product page and all should work. If you need help you can pm me ofc :)

On mine by the way, on all the browsers its underneath. so it looked the same :)

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by rikatos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds