Unusable. Only good for hobbies (sorry)

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #50804

I wanted to choose from Joomshopping to HikaShop because Joomshopping is a bit complex in some section and there is not assistance (forum) I've not never received answer to my request/problem.
I choose Hikashop because it seemed well developed but the serious bug that has this component doesn't allow me to use. Probably great for hobby e-commerce or test development but totally inappropriate for professional activities.
I'm very disappointed because I believe to test free version and the to purchase the commercial version , but it's from 1-2 month that I'm spending much time to try to understand as works and setting.
A real shame.

Since I use Jommla I have never given a score of 1 but this time I think I will. I will return to Jooshopping, whereas there are no alternatives

if the developer needs help (Italian translation) I can help (free) but the judgment remains this... unfortunately. And I think to be objective, whereas I would have been the first supporter of Hikashop

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by XMAster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
11 years 11 months ago #50809

Salve signor XMAster,

Io sarei curioso di sapere qual'è questo bug che rende inutilizzabile Hikashop in un ambiente Production.
Anch'io ho provato bene o male tutte le piattaforme di e-commerce che ci sono in giro per Joomla! e sinceramente non ho trovato niente di così facile da gestire come Hikashop.

In questo momento sto per iniziare un progetto davvero grosso e sto valutando di utilizzare Hikashop con Joomla o andare con una soluzione tipo PS ma sinceramente io mi sento molto sicuro programmando con joomla e mi dispiacerebbe un mondo dover cambiar piattaforma.

Nicolas ed in generale tutti gli utenti di questo forum sono molto comunicativi e per ogni cosa c'è (quasi) sempre una soluzione.

Sarebbe davvero utile se riesci ad spiegare meglio qual'è esattamente il bug che ti sei trovato, magari la soluzione si può trovare con un po' di aiuto di tutti, non pensi?.

Hi! Mr. XMAster,

I'm really curious to know more about that bug that makes HS unusable for a production site.
As you, i have tried almost all the e-commerce platforms Joomla-based and IMHO i haven't see anything as easy to manage and configure as Hikashop.

Right now i'm about to start a really big project and i'm evaluating the fact of use hikashop with joomla or go directly with something like PS but sincerely i feel very confident working with joomla and would be very sad if i find myself in front of a situation that led me into that direction.

Nicolas and all the people in this forums are very communicative people and is very rare when you can't find the solution generally in less than 24Hrs.

It could be very useful if you illustrate better wich is exactly the bug you found, may be is possible to find a solution toghether, don't you think?

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 11 months ago #50819

Hi,

I'm sad that you reached that point.
So far, except your first bug report, to which I gave you a solution rapidly, all the points you raised on the forum were not bugs.

Here is a recap for others:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...ss-the-checkout.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/48289...te-in-qproductq.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/48298...te-some-product.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/48422...-a-fixed-charge.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/4...-bugs-unusable-.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/4...nkq-doesnt-work.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/48618...s-tree-on-side-.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/5...s-qadd-to-cartq.html

So I hardly see how you can give a one star rating for an extension which is, from what users are saying, quite stable, with lots of features, and a decent support.
Nevertheless, if you have other problems you found and would like some help, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help you.

• Thank you received: 17
11 years 11 months ago #50837

XMA master seems to have shouted bug many times when its not ;)

I use hikashop in variations (free and Business) on 3 sites with no issues. Maybe he should try Redshop or something like that to find out what support is liek here in comparison ;) I spent a year and half trying to get redshop working, with the developers abusive and it costing in just the software £250 per year for 'support'.

I have used virtuemart, Joomshopping, ecwid and a few others to give me results I needed and have so far found support for reasonable people who give across links efficiently very good, in fact exceptional from my previous disaster with the other cart.

Good luck out there XMA I hope you do get what you need, we all have problems with software but the fruition is when you figure it out, and when someone will log into you site and sort it for you, for nothing, then you know how great it can be !

11 years 11 months ago #50840

Lo sviluppatore definisce caratteristiche ciò che io definisco bug. Questione di punti di vista. Pensavo di passare a Hikashop perchè sembra(va) bene realizzato, con una struttura dei menu, molto valida ma è da un mese che ci sono sopra e che non ho risolto nulla.
Primo tra tutti è il calcolo del totale. Il calcolo è sbagliato. Non so se il problema è nell'iva o altro. Poi ci sono alcuni problemi di gestione prodotto nel backend. Mi pare che non sia possibile eseguire determinate azioni su tutti i prodotti, una volta sola. Non si posso inserire costi che rappresentano una tantum (es. "setup stampa" - costi che rappresentano sempre un importo fisso indipendentemente dalla quantità.
La voce "aggiungi al carrello" è visualizzata anche nella schermata generale dei prodotti ma è inutile perchè se ho dei prezzi che variano in base alla quantità impostata, non dovrebbe essere possibile mettere nel carrello prodotti per i quali non ho specificato nessuna quantità.
I prodotti collegati, vengono visualizzati correttamente nella scheda del prodotto ma nella schermata generale, vengono visualizzati gli stessi prodotti duplicati e orientati in verticali.

cercho di essere il più possibile obiettivo perchè anch'io ho provato altri sistemi ed ho scartato Virtuemart. Joomshopping è molto valido, molto versatile e molto personalizzabile. Il problema semmai potrebbe essere nel supporto (forum) che non sempre riesce a risolvere. Hikashop ha un layout e una struttura molto efficiente e pulita ma per me c'è ancora qualcosa da sistemare. E questo mi dispiace molto perchè credevo in un'alternativa.

Ad ogni modo l'ho disattivato dal frontend perchè non posso più mantenere un doppio ecommerce e abilitare o disabilitare i menu di questo o di quello. Non posso più perdere tempo. In oltre 1 mese i miei problemi non li ha risolti nessuno e non credo di aver visto male io.

11 years 11 months ago #50843

I don't dwell on every link, but believe me that there are also problems for the solutions you gave.
I hope I can choose Hikashop in next releases.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds