Some customization questions

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #52363

I have been trying out the demo site with the Custom Fields for Images and Files and have a few questions:

1) When a customer selects a image(custom field), can the cart immediately upload the file or does the customer have to add the item to the cart?

2) If yes, can the server return information about the image (such as width). I plan on writing a custom PHP script to validate the file and provide the information that I need on the backend. I just need to make sure that the front end can receive an update to the product.

3) Is it easy to add in custom code for price determination? For example, calculating the price based on the material selected and the size of the item uploaded.

4) Can the user go back and update an item with customizations? Right now, if I add a product in the demo store that has options, I can not go back an make changes once I add it to the cart.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #52420

1. The image is added together with the product when the form on the page is submitted when the user clicks on the add to cart button. There is no option to do that differently.

2. You can always do it with code customization... You would have to use a file uploader (flash or html5 based) which would upload the file and then it would trigger a callback in javascript where you could display error messages if necessary, image info and attach the image name to a hidden custom field so that the image would then be linked to the product in the cart.

3. Yes, that's quite easy. We have an API especially for that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override
And some examples of plugins using it that we posted here and there on the forum:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/49861...ing-donate-item.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/26113-us...art=20&lang=en#46304

4. There is no option for that. Once the product is added to the cart, there is no interface to update the custom fields value. It's kind of tricky to handle well because if the same product is added with different values, you will have different lines, but if the user change one to match another, both lines should merge in the cart. And you would have to add an interface to edit that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds