Feature Request: Options that Affect Prices

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #54806

I'm still not able to use your product because you still do not have the ability to easily, correctly and consistently set per-product shipping options. I had hoped you would fix this in the latest version, and you have not.

Please add a feature that allows us to create options for a product, and have those options either raise or lower the price of the product. This is how I get around the shipping issues in VirtueMart. Each physical product requires that the customer choose an option, either US Shipping or International Shipping, and depending on the option, a different shipping price is added to the base price of the item. This allows me to avoid having to enable any of the shipping plug-ins, and makes the entire check-out process quite simple.

Without this ability, I can't use HikaShop for anything other than virtual products. And no, the "shipping price per product" option in the new version does not seem to address this need in any way, at least not if you have more than two products that need specific shipping options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #54823

Ok — this is a documentation issue, not a feature issue.
Here's what the documentation SHOULD cover so that others can use this feature.

1. Enable the "HikaShop Shipping Manual - Price per product plugin" from the Joomla Plugin Manager
2. Enable the "HikaSHop manual shipping plugin" from the HikaShop Shipping menu.
3. In the HikaSHop Manual Shipping Plugin, create at least 2 shipping methods (e.g. Domestic Shipping and International Shipping).
3a. In each shipping method, make sure you set "Use the prices per product" to "Yes."
4. Your products will now have a "Shipping Prices" box in the configuration screen, listing the two shipping methods.
5. Click the "+" sign under Actions to set the shipping price for each option, click "Apply" and the "Save"
6. [This is the part that isn't anywhere in the documentation and it's CRITICAL] Set the WEIGHT of the product to something more than "0". If the product does not have a weight specified, the shipping options will not be added at checkout.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 10 months ago #54825

Note that you don't necessarily have to do point 6. It actually depends on the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" in the Checkout tab of the configuration.
If that option is turned on, you don't need to set a weight in your products in order to get the shipping methods during the checkout.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds