Image File Renaming - can I turn it off?

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 9 months ago #56040

Hello

I have quite e few variants on the same product, and the price changes as well. I am uploading the same blue board image
9 times for those variants, and the system is renaming the image with 234557 after the name.

This is going to mount the image download times for the web page. Is there a way to turn it off, so all the blue board
products use that same imager and image name?

I can't use options or related products tab, as that makes a new item and quantity in the cart, which will really confuse
a client.

Also, I don't suppose there is a way to clone say 20 variants as a set, and then I can edit just the board colour for each?
It would be a great feature that, as CS Cart had a clone selectable info enmass. It that instance it allowed a client to multi
change say all battery models for price increase at one go.

Let me know on the image rename please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #56072

Hi,

You can't turn that off.
However, you don't need to upload the image for each variant if it's always the same. Just upload it once for the main product.

Also, options don't make a new item in the cart if you turn on the option "group options with product" in the Checkout tab of the configuration.

There is no copy button for variants.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Style
11 years 9 months ago #59129

Hello there

If the renaming could not be turned off, then there should be a feature, that if you delete a picture on the product view, that the file is also deleted. I have a already a large images directory within Hika Shop since I'm starting with it and make a lot of products, upload images, delete them again, upload them again and so on.

As a suggestion for a next version: May it be possible to provide the same functionality for the Images like for the Files? There it's possible to choose between "Upload file" and "Specify Location".

Best regards
Mike

11 years 8 months ago #59203

...delete a picture on the product view, that the file is also deleted.

Sry, I was wrong. The Shop do this.

But the feature (like for the attached files, to simply specify an Image location by hand) would be nice anyway.
Best regards
Mike

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 8 months ago #59249

Yes. It's on the todo list.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mike

11 years 7 months ago #64289

Thank you for adding this feature on the todo list!
I'll welcome it B)

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds