Tax Rules

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 7 months ago #68314

I hope I am explaining this correctly? I am working on an online store (e-commerce site) that will sell product to any customer within all 50 states. What is the best way to set up the tax categories and rates so the customer when ordering the product will get the correct tax applied to the order during checkout. Meaning if Oregon is 0% then no tax and if Arkansas is 9.48% the tax is added accordingly...does this make sense. Is this possible? Or...is there code that needs to be generated in the backend to hand this process. Any help would be appreciated because I am stuck.

Thanks! B)

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 6 months ago #68535

That's simple.
1. Go in System->Taxes, click on "manage tax rate"
2. If you don't have a tax rate, you need to create it.
3. Go in System->Taxes, click on new in order to create a new tax rule
4. Select the zone of the tax (Arkansas), the rate, the default tax category, publish it and save.
5. In your products make sure that the default tax category is selected.
6. Set a "main tax zone" other than Arkansas in the configuration page of HikaShop.
You tax is now setup. After Customers enter their address in your checkout, the tax will be added to the cart automatically.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #68849

Nicolas,

Thanks for the instruction. Tax rate is working and I followed your steps but if someone orders from Florida...Florida state tax rate should be applied instead of the default and this is not working. I hope I am making sense? So...basically, everyone that orders pays Arkansas state tax, which is incorrect.

My zone of Tax is Arkansas, 9.48% tax rate, default tax category is set and everything is published. My products are set to default tax category too. "Main tax zone" in the configuration page is set to United States. What else needs to be done here? I need the rate of tax to change per state being shipped to.

Thanks!

Paul B)

Paul

• Thank you received: 5
11 years 6 months ago #68853

I also, just now am at the point where I am setting up a LIVE cart and needs this..

Thanks !!

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 6 months ago #68964

There is nothing else to do. That should work. If it doesn't it means that you made a mistake during the steps I gave you.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds