Upload a file (picture) during checkout

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #68888

Does anyone know if there is the capability (or an extension) of HikaShop to upload a file during checkout. We are trying to create a Joomla site where a picture is uploaded in order to sell characatures of a person. If HikaShop cannot do this, please provide ann alternate suggestions. Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by jimstephens. Reason: To close, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 6 months ago #68896

Hi,

You can do that either with custom fields of the table "order" (during the checkout) or of the table "item" (on the product page) and of the type "image". Yu can create them via the menu Display->Custom fields with the Business edition.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jimstephens

11 years 6 months ago #68902

Nicolas, thanks you. I'm new to this forum, so I think I sent a short reply earlier.
We will try your suggestions.

11 years 6 months ago #71210

Nicolas:

In reviewing the following link in another HikaShop thread that you responded to:

"I'm telling you that it's working for us with 1.6.0
You can try on that website: test.hikashop.com/index.php/component/hikashop/product/1-iphone-6gs
It's one of our test websites. I've just added a custom item field and it uses the 1.6.0 version and it's working fine."

I found using the above link that the solution does not force (require) that a file be uploaded before checkout.
Would HikaShop be able to modify the capability so that it did 2 things:
1) Force the uploaded of the file (picture) through a checkout error message
2) Dispplay the uploaded file (picture) as a thinmnail?

If yes, what would the approx cost be to do that?
Thanks for your feedback.

Jim

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 6 months ago #71360

Hi,

1. Just turn on the "required" option of the custom field and it will be automatic.
2. You can do that with CSS on your website by simply forcing the height of the image. The exact CSS will depend on how you configure the field and where you want to force the size of the image.
For example, if you create a custom field called "image" and of the table "order" and that you want to force the image size on the checkout, you can use that CSS:
#hikashop_checkout_additional_info img{
height: 100px !important;
}

The following user(s) said Thank You: jimstephens

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds