Problem with database

• Thank you received: 24
11 years 6 months ago #71192

The table hikashop_cart_product size is today 385 mb is that normal? could it be erased?
it seems that my database has been hacked and hundred of russian products added.
the database entry is hikashop_cart_product and what i did is clean it all not delete it
it seems that the web continue working did i broke anything doing that?
there is something in the database creating new products to webs that are no mine in the database it creates several products in hikashop_cart_product continuosly, any idea how to stop that?
could it be a bug they use the product cart to insert web sites adress and descriptions of porducts and links.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by condorazul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 6 months ago #71357

385MB is huge. Normally that table shouldn't go over a few MB and that's already on a big website.
You can empty the hikashop_cart and hikashop_cart_product tables. That will just empty the carts of your users on your website but everything will continue to work.

I can't say how to stop that. If you've been hacked, it could come from anything. What I can say though is that the latest version of HikaShop has been reviewed by a security firm last month and no issues were found so as far as we know there is no security issue in HikaShop which could allow that.

• Thank you received: 24
11 years 6 months ago #71397

after hours of work and trying to find how they could do it, i think i´ve found the clue. The problem is that i have one field in wich people can personalize the gift adding text, what they did i dont know what for, is filling this field with the information and links to their products, i suposse adding a new sale and it was registered in the database, as they never finish the shopping, it remains in my database forever and they created hundred of links each day. i,ve change server and ip address and now there in no problem, lets see how much it last.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds