406 Not Acceptable Error

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 8 months ago #166178

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : native (5.4)
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /mafiaoutdoors/administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When attempting to edit the Order Admin notification email address, when I try to save or close the admin page I get this error: Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /mafiaoutdoors/administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My hosting is with GoDaddy on a Linux shared hosting server. Can you tell me the problem here?

This error occurs when I open any of the links on the "Emails" editing page. I can't save, cancel or sand close any of the links.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 8 months ago #166183

Hi,

This error comes from a security component of your server which wrongfully block the data of the email edition interface.
You can ask your hosting company to disable it. Or you can modify your emails directly in the folder media/com_hikashop/mail via FTP but note that in that case, you'll loose your changes when you update.

The following user(s) said Thank You: affaf1952

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311642

Hello Everyone, I was able to over this problem the error, start from the error which is the following
Error 406 - Not Acceptable
Generally, a 406 error is caused because a request has been blocked by Mod Security. If you believe that your request has been blocked by mistake please contact the web site owner.
so I went to Cpanel --> then I searched MOD, I disable it, I did my edit, then I re-Enable it again, the problem solved, its easy fix, thanks for the hint by Mohamed,

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds