hire > deposit

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 5 months ago #177018

building a webshop where you can choose between buying and hiring products
when customer chooses to hire he/she will then have to pay a deposit which they get back when the product is returned in good order.
The amount of the deposit varies per product

how can we solve that

: ) Annelies

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #177028

Hello Annelies,
The solution will probably be to use a "buy or hire" Characteristic so that product price will correctly vary regarding your customer choice.

9 years 5 months ago #177126

yes but displaying the price including the deposit will not be very commercial
so we want it to be a extra item, sort of a connected product you need to buy or something

9 years 4 months ago #177135

Ok so you'll have to create a "deposit product", and then attach these "deposit products" trough the "Options" tab of your products.

9 years 4 months ago #177475

can i add this 'deposit-product' automatically when i customer choose hire-variant??
how??

9 years 4 months ago #178144

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply, in your case the best solution will probably be to use 2 custom "Item" fields :
- One for the type of sales "buying / hiring"
- One to include the deposit or not, but which will be restricted to the "hiring" value of the first one (you'll just have to use the "Display limited to" option).

And then to include the price you'll have to develop a plugin which will do it for you and which will be based on the "onAfterCartProductsLoad" trigger.

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

9 years 4 months ago #178332

thnx
there is only one question left. what if there are 8 different amounts of deposit
then i have to make 8 different custom fields or....

9 years 4 months ago #178341

A solution can also be to create a "deposit" product custom field which will only be published through your back-end, you'll use that custom field to add a price through your product configuration price, and then you'll use that price on the plugin.

9 years 4 months ago #178669

im not a programmer, can you tell me what will be the costs if you do make the solution for us

what we would like is to be able to ad a custom deposit price per product that can be hired
that is will be on de checkout as a separate amount
and it would be perfect if we can keep administration of the refund done in hikashop but thats not necessary

: ) Annelies

9 years 4 months ago #178670

Hello,
you can for example post your request through the commercial jobs section :).

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #341400

Hello people! Is it done ? It s been years since the last post so I suspect you can find this already.
Deposit is something that I'm looking for also.
I need to build something that can sell and rent at the same time.

• Thank you received: 13035
1 year 10 months ago #341402

Hi,

Well, deposit can be implemented in many different ways and it depends on what you want it to do in details.
I would need more information on what you want to do to be able to tell you if and how you can achieve it.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #341413

Well we need the product to have 2 option. Buy and rent.
Buy is ok.
Rent should have dates (start-end), and when the date of ending approached we need a notification to emails and an automatic way if its possible to charge the deposit + the rest remaining amount.
I suppose the bank can preauthorize the amount of the deposit and then we can accept the charge from their (bank) app to make the charge.
But Can it be more automatic?
Also how can we subtitude the callendar of avoilable items . Because since they are rented they shouldn t be available for sale or rent.
Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13035
1 year 10 months ago #341414

Hi,

So, from what I understand, what you want is some kind of reservation system.
The products would have a stock of 1 and if someone rent the product for a period of time, no one can rent the product at the same time, or buy it.
I also suppose that the price of the rent would vary based on the number of days of the rent.
Then, for rents, at the end of the checkout, the payment gateway would charge a certain percentage directly and authorize the rest of the rent amount so that the rest could be captured at the end of the rent (and send an email at the same time).

There is no option / plugin ready-made to do all that with HikaShop.
To do it, it will require:
1. developing a reservation system (with an extra table in the database to store the rent periods of each user) so that in the calendar selector for the start and en dates, the system can restrict the days already rented to others. And blocking the buy when a rent is purchased on a product.
2. devleoping a payment plugin so that it would authorize the full amount at the end of the checkout and capture the deposit. And then capture the rest at the end of the rent period. This means that the payment gateway API need to be able to support authorize only and then multiple captures on an authorization. So the first question will be which payment gateway you want to use to accept payments ? Do they have an API which allows for that ?
To give you a price for that development will be difficult without knowing more about the payment gateway. The reservation system itself would cost around a thousand euros to build if we were to work on that for you. A payment plugin is usually several hundred euros of development costs.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds