checkout steps...

• Thank you received: 114
8 years 3 months ago #231012

Hi,

I have configured checkout like this:

Login->shipping/address->payment->cart->end

I had only one shipping method... Today i have added another one and had Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection set to NO. Or it would go to next step on press....

The problem is that on step payment ( which is step 3 ) and choosing one of payments, pressing next, page will refresh and stays on same page but step changes to 3 on URL and I need to press next button again to get cart step which is step 4.

How can I fix it?

Thanks

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by kyratn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 3 months ago #231037

Hello,
In your case the solution will probably be to directly edit the "Shipping" file of the "Checkout" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views" and change these lines :

if($this->config->get('auto_submit_methods',1) && empty($checked))
	$checked.=' onclick="this.form.action=this.form.action+\'#hikashop_shipping_methods\';this.form.submit(); return false;"';
By :
//if($this->config->get('auto_submit_methods',1) && empty($checked))
	//$checked.=' onclick="this.form.action=this.form.action+\'#hikashop_shipping_methods\';this.form.submit(); return false;"';

The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn

8 years 3 months ago #231133

Hi,

Thanks for help. That did the trick.

Regards

8 years 2 months ago #233299

Hi,

So after some time i have changed my mind and would like to configure checkout like this: login->address->shipping&payment->cart->end

I have added this code back:

if($this->config->get('auto_submit_methods',1) && empty($checked))
	$checked.=' onclick="this.form.action=this.form.action+\'#hikashop_shipping_methods\';this.form.submit(); return false;"';

I also have added cash on delivery payment method and have some problems now.

Selecting one of shipping methods will add cash on delivery payment method, however when selecting it will move to next step. I need it to auto refresh page as it does with payment method selection. How can this be done? Cause user needs to go back to select payment method.....

p.s. i have looked into checkout/payment view and found that code above is almost same so why selecting payment method would refresh page but shipping method goes to next step?

I know i could add cart view to that step and it would solve my problem but this is not what i need...

Thanks

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by kyratn.

8 years 2 months ago #233344

Hello,

I just tested it with you configuration and it worked fine on my end, can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?

Thanks.

8 years 2 months ago #233360

Hi,

I have downloaded latest version and installed it and it made no difference... Just to be sure it is not my template I tried with protostar template and it did same. Moved to next step when one of shipping methods were selected. You can try it on my demo site using this link:
kyra.lt/demo

Thank you

8 years 2 months ago #233374

Hello,
In your case the solution will then probably be to directly edit the code of the "components\com_hikashop\controllers\checkout.php" file and change these lines :

if(($old_shipping_ids !== $shipping_ids || $old_shipping_methods !== $shippings) && ($this->_getStep('cart',(int)$this->previous)===(int)$this->previous || $this->_getStep('confirm',(int)$this->previous)===(int)$this->previous)) {
	return false;
}
By :
if($old_shipping_ids !== $shipping_ids || $old_shipping_methods !== $shippings) {
	return false;
}

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn

8 years 2 months ago #233484

Hi,

Thank you Mohamed for your help. It seems to work. I guess I will loose modification upon update....

Regards

• Thank you received: 614
8 years 2 months ago #233488

Hello,

Exactly with a new update, your change will be erase by the new file, that's why we recommend you to always make backup before updating your website with new Joomla, HikaShop or any new component version.

Regards,

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds