Order statuses and e-mails

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 1 day ago #237697

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0

Hello!
Is there a possibility to create new notification e-mails and attach them to the order statuses? I need it for notifications on different steps of working with Customers. Now I have notifications for order statuses: Pending (new order), Pending to Pay (after confirmation with Customer), then I need e-mails for "Confirmed", for "Payed" and for "In the process of delivery" - and I really need to create different e-mails... I can't find how to do it...

Regards!
Olga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
8 years 1 day ago #237702

Hi,

There is no system to create new emails from the interface.
It's not impossible to do, but it require developing a new plugin, to add files, configuration settings, etc.
So it requires a developer to work on that.
If you're a developer, you need to:
- add the files for the new emails in the folder media/com_hikashop/mail
- add entries for the new emails in the table hikashop_config like there is for the other emails.
- in your plugin implement the "onAfterOrderUpdate" function to send the email based on the status of the order. You can look at the save function in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php for an example of how to send an email.

• Thank you received: 76
8 years 1 day ago #237815

Do you need different layout of emails or only different texts ?

7 years 11 months ago #238079

Hello!
Thank you, Nicolas, for your reply... buut I'm not a dev and this way is impossible to me))) :)

And to Korzo

Do you need different layout of emails or only different texts ?

Thank you to! I need different text in e-mails. Ant it'll be awesome to remove table with products from some layouts)

7 years 11 months ago #238092

Hi!
And another one question) I try to use the notification about order e-mail to solve my problem. I changed e-mail title to ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO="Состояние Вашего заказа номер %s изменено на %s." - translation "The status of Your order number of %s changed to %s"
but when I receive e-mail it displays "Состояние Вашего заказа номер 127 изменено на giftsandflowers.ru/ ." - translation"The status of Your order number 127 is changed to giftsandflowers.ru/ ."
url of my website instead of order status :(

I don't know how to fix it)))

• Thank you received: 13066
7 years 11 months ago #238109

Hi,

1. Then you'll have to contact a developer. That's the only solution I can see to do that properly. It's not complex for a developer but it will still require one or two hours of work.

2. Try like that:
ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO="Состояние Вашего заказа номер %s изменено на %3$s."

• Thank you received: 76
7 years 11 months ago #238463

Displey wrote: Thank you to! I need different text in e-mails. Ant it'll be awesome to remove table with products from some layouts)

Hikashop allows different emails for every order status in format order_status_notification.status.type.php

For example if you want different email for order status shipped, you can copy
order_status_notification.html.php to order_status_notification.shipped.html.php
order_status_notification.preload.php to order_status_notification.shipped.preload.php
order_status_notification.text.php to order_status_notification.shipped.text.php

Then edit order_status_notification.shipped.preload.php and replace YOUR_ORDER and ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO with your texts.
You can also remove products from order_status_notification.shipped.html.php

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by korzo.

7 years 10 months ago #241590

Hi, Nicolas!
Thank You so much. I changed translation of e-mail title as You recomend - it works!!!

Olga

7 years 10 months ago #241591

Hi, Korzo!
I sent Your instructions to my dev. Thank you sooo much!

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds