[SOLVED] Different user unable to use coupon

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
7 years 8 months ago #247705

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.36
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF, Chrome, Edge - all updated to most recent versions
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

This is the continuation of a thread in the HikaSerial but posting here as requested.

My issue is that if Customer A purchased a 'coupon' product that generates a serial coupon for a 'program' product in the HikaShop Coupon file, then Customer A sends that serial coupon to Customer B, and Customer B logs in, orders the appropriate 'program' product, Customer B cannot consume (use) the serial coupon against the product cost. If Customer A logs in, orders the same product, he can consume(use) the serial coupon. In effect, the coupon generated by Customer A can only be consumed(used) by Customer A.

According to Jerome, "There is no "user" restriction in HikaShop coupons ; so the coupon can be used by anyone but only one single time (if you use the quota and not the quota per user)."

So I am wondering what setting I have set that is 'restricting' the use of the coupon to the customer who purchased the coupon?

Here is the setup that I posted earlier in HikaSerial for the DWOC (Divorcing without Children) coupon product.

1. HikaShop Product - 'pro-dwoc - Divorcing without Children Coupon': This is the product that professionals will purchased to generate the coupon for use on the program product - client-dwoc
  2. Hikashop Coupon - 'dtb-dwoc': This is the core coupon for the professional 'pro-dwoc' product that is the template used by the HikaSerial coupon generator.
  3. HikaSerial Coupon Generator - 'DTB-Divorcing without Children': This is the generator for the unique serial code based on the HikaShop coupon 'dtb-dwoc' -
  4. HikaSerial Pack - 'Divorce Toolbox - Divorcing without Children': This is the pack that uses the 'coupongen - DTB - Divorcing withotu Children' and is assigned to the 'Divorcing without Children Coupon'
  5. HikaSerial Configuration - You know what this is!

HikaShop Product

Hikashop Coupon

HikaSerial Coupon Generator

HikaSerial Pack

HikaSerial Configuration

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LukeDouglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
7 years 8 months ago #247798

Hello,

I'm not sure to follow you to follow you... You want to restrict the coupon to user or not ?

More precisely, you want :
- User A make an order that leads to a Coupon A.
- User A give the coupon to User B
- User B make an order WITH Coupon A
=> Are we agree ?
Because, there is NO RESTRICTION, so the idea above is possible WITHOUT settings, and more precisely, there is NO SETTINGS to restrict coupon access for other user.

Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Philip.

7 years 8 months ago #247848

Phillip,

You are correct in your outline of what we want with one exception.

Since the coupon can 'only' be consumed (used) once (the settings in the Hikashop coupon is for only 1 coupon use), and Client A sends the coupon to Client B, when Client B consumes the coupon, then the coupon cannot be used again, so there 'really' is no need to have a restriction that the coupon be 'assigned' to a specific customer.

My issue is that currently only Customer A, who purchased Coupon A, can use Coupon A!!!

Customer A purchased Coupon A (HikaSerial creates unique Hikashop Coupon)
Customer A sends HikaShop Coupon A serial code to Customer B
Customer B logs in, orders Program product A and goes to checkout.
Customer B enters Coupon A into the coupon field but it will NOT accept the coupon (this is the main problem)
Customer A logs in, orders Program product A and goes to checkout.
Customer A enters Coupon A into the coupon field and it ACCEPTS the coupon. (this is NOT what we want)

Somewhere in the settings shown via screenshots in my previous post, it is assigning (or restricting) that coupon to the customer who purchased the coupon.

In the HikaSerial pack, I have 'No User Assigned' set to 'YES' so I thought that would ensure that 'anyone' could use the coupon.

In the HikaSerial configuration, I have the 'Unassigned Serial Status' as 'Unassigned'. Should this be 'Free to Use'?

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by LukeDouglas.

• Thank you received: 611
7 years 8 months ago #247867

Hello,

Somewhere in the settings shown via screenshots in my previous post, it is assigning (or restricting) that coupon to the customer who purchased the coupon.

That's impossible you haven't user restriction, I think we had to look elsewhere...But where I don't know for now.
Can you provide via our Contact us form, frontend access references (customer A AND B) in order to purchase some tests.
Plus, I will need to access to your backend with all possibles access to check configuration.
Note : Don't forget to add an url link to this topic to keep the link.

And be aware that for now, from my side your website isn't reachable, I only see this :

Thanks to allow me to see your website.

Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Philip.

7 years 8 months ago #247941

Philip,

I've sent the credentials.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 8 months ago #247943

Can you provide via our Contact us form, frontend access references (customer A AND B) in order to purchase some tests.
Plus, I will need to access to your backend with all possibles access to check configuration.
Note : Don't forget to add an url link to this topic to keep the link.

Hi,

In the message to the contact box, we can't find the frontend access references, neither the customers "A" and "B" or the link to the link of that topic. You had some luck that I know what you were talking about.
So, In your message, you only provided a backend access ; which is great but unfortunately useless if the rest of the elements are not provided. Because they can't test or see the issue !

Please provide all of these information if you want to go further ; otherwise the support team won't be able to do his job.

Help them to help you !

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 8 months ago #248030

I've sent two front-end test account credentials.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 8 months ago #248065

Hi,

I'm not able to access your backend. I'm getting the error: take.ms/KzN5W

However, I've read the whole thread and what you're talking about is not possible.
There is no user restriction feature for coupons in HikaShop. So it's impossible to have a coupon which works for someone and not someone else with the exact same thing in the cart.
So looking at your screenshots, I think that the problem is with how you configured the coupon and what you have in the cart with customer B.
You've configured the coupon so that it can only be used with the product "DWC coupon" which customer A actually purchases to get the coupon. So I'm thinking that when you test with customer B, you don't have that product DWC coupon in the cart but another product and that's why the system refuses the coupon. Normally, you should have an error message which tells you specifically that this coupon cannot be used with the products in the cart, hinting at the fact that the problem is with the product restriction of your coupon. If you don't get any error message, it might be because your joomla template is not displaying error messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tibility-issues.html

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by nicolas.

7 years 8 months ago #248113

Nicholas,

I'm not sure why you are getting the error message when trying to access the backend. If you can see the frontend, then it is not your IP being blocked as I do have some limited IP's in France being blocked by my server firewall. If you can give me the first 3 sets of your IP address, I can double check.

You are correct in that the issue is that I have the 'Professional' customers purchasing the 'Professional' coupon products and if the 'Client' customers purchase the 'Client' program product, they can't use the code. If the 'Client' customer purchases the 'Professional' coupon product, then they can apply the code generated for the 'Professional' customer. But that does not meet our need.

If the 'Client' customer purchases a 'Client' program product and attempts to use the coupon code from the 'Professional' coupon product purchase (shown on the left), they get this warning message shown on the right side:

We need the 'Client' customer to be able to redeem the 'Professional' coupon for the 'Client' program product. Based on the settings I have listed the screenshots previously in this post, VIEW POST , how can I set it up so that a 'Professional' customer can purchase a 'Professional' coupon product, send the code to his 'Client' and the 'Client' purchase a 'Client' program product yet use the coupon code sent from the 'Professional' that was generated for the 'Professional' coupon product? This should work like a gift certificate or gift coupon.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by LukeDouglas. Reason: clarifying a point

7 years 8 months ago #248114

Hi,

1 - Your website is still unavailable (front-end backend) due to "Admin Tools".
You have to understand that we are not able to provide you any kind of useful help if we can't access to these elements.

2 - Please check the generated coupon in your backend.
There is no need to provide elements from HikaSerial ; there are not release in any case.
Your issue is only regarding the coupons ; just the coupons ; focus on the coupons.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #248159

Jerome,

I have disabled AdminTools so you should be able to access the admin panels. If you still get blocked, then it must be my server firewall so I will need your IP address. You can give me just the first 3 sets and not the last set of your IP. That should be enough for me to check the firewall settings.

There is no need to provide elements from HikaSerial ; there are not release in any case.

Are you saying that I don't need HikaSerial to create unique coupons?

Your issue is only regarding the coupons ; just the coupons ; focus on the coupons.

Jerome, I've been working on this issue for weeks! When you say 'focus on the coupons', I don't know how I can focus any more than I have. My issue is I cannot determine HOW to create a coupon from one product and use on another product.

So let me see if I can make some sense out of this. I setup a coupon for 'dtb-dwoc' and assign it to the 'Divorcing Without Children Coupon' product. I setup a HikaSerial coupon generator named 'DTB - Divorcing without Children' that uses the HikaShop 'dtb-dwoc' coupon to create unique codes when the 'Divorcing Without Children Coupon' product is purchased. I then create a HikaSerial Pack that uses the 'Pack SQL Data' and the 'coupongen -DTB-Divorcing Without Children. On the "Divorcing without Children" program product (not the coupon product), I added the HikaSerial "Divorcing without Children" Pack.

Now what I 'thought' should happen is that when the 'Divorcing Without Children Coupon' was purchased, it would generate the unique coupon codes which it did as it is listed under the Hikashop Coupons. Since I added the 'Divorcing Without Children' pack (remember, the one that is using the coupon generator that is based on the 'Divorcing Without Children Coupon', to the 'Divorcing Without Children' program product, that whoever purchased the 'Divorcing Without Children' program product could use 'any' coupon generated by the 'Divorcing Without Children Coupon' purchase. I tested this and it does not work.

So my question: Is it possible to create a coupon with one product and have that product consumed (applied) to another product?

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 8 months ago #248165

Hi,

I believe I had already given the solution in my previous message.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Just remove the product restriction of the coupon used in your serial pack and you won't have that problem.
You'll still get coupons generated for the purchase of the DWCC product, but you'll be able to use it for any product of your shop.

7 years 8 months ago #248389

Nicolas,

FYI, I have removed all IP blocks on my server firewall so with the disabling of AdminTools, there should be no issue in anyone at HikaShop view the website or accessing the admin panel with the credentials I sent privately.

I have removed the HikaShop product from the HikaSerial pack.

I created a new purchase for the coupon product.

I have the 'client' program product in the 'dtb-dwc' HikaShop Coupon template used by the HikaSerial to generate the unique coupons.

When I look at the unique coupon in the HikaShop coupon list, it shows the 'professional' Divorcing without Children Coupon. I'm not quite sure how that got there but could this be the primary issue?

Using the code gets the same warning message.

So if I removed the product code from the HikaSerial Pack and I have the 'client' program product listed on the HIkaShop coupon template (which I assume is the product that this coupon should be usable), then how the heck did the 'professional' coupon product get on the HikaShop unique coupon record, if this is the primary issue?

7 years 7 months ago #248394

Hi,

Can you please not mix information from HikaSerial and information from HikaShop ?

You HikaSerial configuration is, for what I can see, wrong.
Unfortunately, you are not following the instruction I previously gave you.

And because you are still not looking at the right places (like I asked you twice), you are still not able to see (or to show) what is really going on.

To summarize :
- You HikaShop coupon template is wrong configured (not unpublished, already used, still a product restriction)
- You do not provide any single information about the generated coupon ; the coupon you are trying to use.
- Your serial is not attached to any product ; it looks very suspicious.

If you don't want to follow our instruction and provide us the details we are asking ; I'm afraid that the support won't be able to give you any useful help.

So yes, I'm telling you to focus on the coupon because your current issue is that you're trying to use a coupon and you have a message telling you that you can't use it.
It means that you need to show the details of that coupon in your HikaShop backend ; see what that coupon really is !

It's like you are telling that you have an issue in your right but you're taking a picture of your left. You can't see the problem if you're not looking at it.
So please take a real look at the coupon you are trying to use !

And once your coupon will be okay ; you will be able to return in the HikaSerial forum to fix your HikaSerial configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 7 months ago #248458

Jerome,

I appreciate your patience in working through our communication issues. I must have been hearing 'oranges' while you were speaking 'apples'. :P

I will show only this one HikaSerial screenshot. I removed the Consumable Serial option.

Here is the coupon template dtb-dwc with the number of times set to 0.

THIS WORK!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I logged in as CUSTOMER A and purchased the Professional DWC product and it generated the unique coupon. Logged out. I logged in as CUSTOMER B and purchase the Client DWC product and applied the unique coupon generated by the Professional purchase. I repeat the purchase and tried to use the same unique code and it would not let me as it stated it had reached the quota.

So at long last, we have what we need.

However, there is still one 'minor' issue I need either some feedback on, further explanation or resolution. On the CUSTOMER B purchase of the Client DWC product confirmation email, it shows a unique serial code.

I am a bit confused why this serial code was generated. Other than that, it looks like we are good to go!

Thanks again for helping me through this issue. You have given me knowledge that is very useful on how this fits together.

7 years 7 months ago #248464

Hi,

Please continue on the HikaSerial thread because that part is related to HikaSerial and not HikaShop.
Like I wrote you there ; I think you have a "serial per order" plugin instantiate in your HikaSerial plugins.
It is the only way that a serial can be added into an order without an attachment to a product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds