during the checkout the step payment method must be clicked twice ?

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 7 months ago #252381

Dear,

this is a Hikashop issue

I set up a test environment www.test.zebra-design.be/
just installed Joomla 3.6.2 without sample data and Hikashopstarter with sample data
-> com_hikashop_starter_v2.6.4_2016-10-13_14-08-16

and I have this problem also here ?

I don't understand it anymore ?
This shouldn't be real in a clean install this issue ?

For an user, auto submit on shipping (which move forwards) and on payment (it doesnt) is going to be confusing.

Anyone please ?

TIA

Regards,
Thierry

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by sindb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114
7 years 7 months ago #252395

Hi,

I know about shipping method...I am not sure why hika devs did like that but as I remember if you add cart step to shipping step it wont move to next step up on shipping method selection.

Here is my topic regarding this: www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/882550-checkout-steps.html

So you can add cart step to shipping step or directly modify core file like in that topic.

Another thing that hikashop 3 is coming soon and it will have completely new checkout workflow without such issues....

Hope that helps.

Thank you

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by kyratn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sindb

• Thank you received: 13102
7 years 7 months ago #252384

Hi,

Then try removing the code:

if(($old_payment_id!=$payment_id || $old_payment_method!=$payment) || @$old_payment_data->payment_price!=$paymentData->payment_price && ($this->_getStep('cart',(int)$this->previous)===(int)$this->previous || $this->_getStep('confirm',(int)$this->previous)===(int)$this->previous)){
				return false;
			}
in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php and that should help

7 years 7 months ago #252514

Dear Kyratn,

if I put this code

if($this->config->get('auto_submit_methods',1) && empty($checked))
$checked.=' onclick="this.form.action=this.form.action+\'#hikashop_shipping_methods\';this.form.submit(); return false;"';
in comment, nothing changes ...
So I removed back the //

Dear Nicloas,

by putting this the code:
if(($old_payment_id!=$payment_id || $old_payment_method!=$payment) || @$old_payment_data->payment_price!=$paymentData->payment_price && ($this->_getStep('cart',(int)$this->previous)===(int)$this->previous || $this->_getStep('confirm',(int)$this->previous)===(int)$this->previous)){
				return false;}
in comment, I get this error
syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting function (T_FUNCTION)
So I removed back the //

My checkout steps are
1 Cart 2 Login 3 Address 4 Shipment 5 Payment/Terms & Conditions 6 End

FYI: I have now HikaShop Business 2.6.4 and this issue is still there.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Thierry

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by sindb.

7 years 7 months ago #252548

Hi,

I didn't tell you to comment it but to remove it.
If you get a parse error, it just means that you didn't comment the code properly and forgot something.

7 years 7 months ago #252565

Nicolas,

Dear Nicloas,

I removed this code:

return false;}
and now I don't have this error but it didn't change anything, the double click is still needed at the step payment methods.

My checkout steps are
1 Cart 2 Login 3 Address 4 Shipment 5 Payment/Terms & Conditions 6 End

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Thierry

7 years 7 months ago #252589

Hi,

I don't see how it could still have that without that code.
Please provide a backend access and a FTP access to the website via our contact form along with a link to this thread so that we can have a look as I can't reproduce the issue.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 7 months ago #252669

Hello. I thought I should jump in at this point. I'm a developer helping the user with other aspects of their project

I'm a bit confused. It's clear this is a Hikashop issue. The payment form submission is not working correctly, therefore auto submit fixes the double click issue. That's fine, though the user experience is a bit odd (the user sees the browser doing something at a crucial stage of the checkout with no obvious change). Still, that aside, the other problem is the checkout flow. Shipping auto-submits (no Next necessary), but payment does not.

I've worked on a few major open source projects, and individual user fixes are not the answer. I appreciate the commenting and implementing of the code posted here might not have been done correctly. I'm going to check. I'm not to ask for more fixes (the best solution now is to prevent auto-submit working at Shipping stage to improve the flow), just want to clarify this is a global issue (we've tested on a new clean install with same results).

It should be recorded as a bug if it hasn't already. Effectively checkout does not work correctly without 'auto submit' on, and when on creates the flow issue above. I think this should be better clarified, especially for users that have paid for Hikashop.

7 years 7 months ago #252670

Hello. I thought I should jump in at this point. I'm a developer helping the user with other aspects of their project

I'm a bit confused. It's clear this is a Hikashop issue. The payment form submission is not working correctly, therefore auto submit fixes the double click issue. That's fine, though the user experience is a bit odd (the user sees the browser doing something at a crucial stage of the checkout with no obvious change). Still, that aside, the other problem is the checkout flow. Shipping auto-submits (no Next necessary), but payment does not.

I've worked on a few major open source projects, and individual user fixes are not the answer. I appreciate the commenting and implementing of the code posted here might not have been done correctly. I'm going to check. I'm not to ask for more fixes (the best solution now is to prevent auto-submit working at Shipping stage to improve the flow), just want to clarify this is a global issue (we've tested on a new clean install with same results).

It should be recorded as a bug if it hasn't already. Effectively checkout does not work correctly without 'auto submit' on, and when on creates the flow issue above. I think this should be better clarified, especially for users that have paid for Hikashop.

I'll post once code here is tested fully to confirm it's working.

7 years 7 months ago #252651

Hi,

I'm not able to access your website at all and the test website doesn't recognize the user account either.
Could you double check the credentials your provided please ?

7 years 7 months ago #252677

Dear,

sorry I have given the wrong url
www.test.zebra-design.be/administrator

user & pswd are the same as in mail.

TIA

Regards,
Thierry

7 years 7 months ago #252792

Hi,

As I said, the test website didn't allow me to login with that user account to its backend. However, with the frontend access and FTP access, I was able to check on the issue.
As expected the modification wasn't done in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php
I've commented the lines for you in that file with the FTP account and confirmed that what you were describing now works like you want on your test website.
So I don't know what you did, but it was probably something else. Not the correct website ? Not the correct file ? Not the correct code ? One of these I guess.

7 years 7 months ago #252801

Dear Nicolas,

I had removed line 1029 - 1034 :(

if(($old_shipping_ids !== $shipping_ids || $old_shipping_methods !== $shippings) && ($this->_getStep('cart',(int)$this->previous)===(int)$this->previous || $this->_getStep('confirm',(int)$this->previous)===(int)$this->previous)){
			return false;
		}

return true;
	}
There I was wrong ... sorry for my mistake.
Thanks to solve this for me.

I see that this doesn't work anymore when I change the steps of my checkout ?

It works when I have this check-out
1 Cart 2 Login 3 Address 4 Shipment 5 Payment 6 Terms & Conditions 7 End

but it doesn't works when I have:
1 Cart 2 Login 3 Address 4 Shipment 5 Payment and Terms & Conditions 6 End

Does this means that your fix is only for one kind of checkout ?

TIA

Regards,
Thierry

7 years 7 months ago #252806

Hi,

No. But if you have the terms and conditions view on the same step, you also have to check the checkbox before finishing the order.
That's why it's still redirecting you back to the step and not directly finishing the checkout process.

7 years 7 months ago #252868

Nicolas,

I was aware of this so I marked Terms & Conditions before I chose a Payment Method but even then I had to click Next.

Regards,
Thierry

7 years 7 months ago #252927

Hi,

I don't see why that would be the case.
I tried to look at that on your test website but I don't see the T&C on the payment step.

7 years 6 months ago #252991

Dear Nicolas,

I have put the checkout workflow back to
1 Cart 2 Login 3 Address 4 Shipping 5 Payment / Terms & Conditions 6 end

Also I have checked your login and it should work now.

Regards,
Thierry

7 years 6 months ago #253178

nicolas wrote: Hi,

No. But if you have the terms and conditions view on the same step, you also have to check the checkbox before finishing the order.
That's why it's still redirecting you back to the step and not directly finishing the checkout process.

I don't think that is correct. The need for two clicks is due to the error in the form submission process when clicking 'Next' (solved in a hacky way by turning on auto-submit).

Terms and Conditions should be on the payment page, so the solution should not be to split them but to solve the form submission issue.

I also recommend (as someone who has been a team member of other open source projects) of not requesting ftp access to fix issues. This is both risky in putting yourself in the position of being responsible for further issues, but more importantly not allowing the issue to be shared and fixed globally.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds