Checkout buttons don't bring to checkout, they just refresh (after update to 3)

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #270440

Hello,

I'm afraid that we will need more details and probably links in order to see the issue by ourselves.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #270477

You can see the site here: www.padleopplevelser.no/index.php/no/hik...r-categories-listing

It has the old design in the checkout.

1) Worked with the new design after install.
2) went to hikashop admin, and pressed save, did only drag and drop som modules into the checkout part of admin.
3) Suddenly the design had changed.

• Thank you received: 13071
6 years 10 months ago #270483

Hi,

It looks like you have the "add to cart legacy" setting activated.
It that the case ?
Otherwise, it could come from view overrides in the template.
If you try with the default template, what do you get ?

6 years 10 months ago #270535

1) Changed the add to cart legacy to no - then the add to card button stopped working
2) Changed the use bootstrap design to yes, the checkout design worked but the category design went haywack!
3) Changed the button style to normal - the cart-checkout button does not work, when in CSS mode this button works. (there is deffently a problem with this normal design of the add to cart button)
4) Tried to change these 3 settings in different order, but same problem.

6 years 10 months ago #270536

If i change use checkout legacy to no, the design of the checkout bar is working, but the design of the rest of the chrckout site i terrible - big letters all over the place,

6 years 10 months ago #270566

Hello,

Please stay in the current subject of that topic ; otherwise please create a new topic.
Because we do not have any link or any concret details ; I'm afraid that we can't see or understand what you're talking about.

The "Button style" do not interact with new "add to cart" buttons, it only affect the buttons in legacy mode.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...html#display_general
If you have design issues ; please check your view overrides and your CSS override in order to see if you do not have old content or missing CSS rules.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 5
6 years 10 months ago #271162

I am also having the same issue after the 3.0.1. upgrade. I'm also using the Storefront template.

No matter what I do I can't get the drop down cart to work as expected. If I leave it as it was (it worked fine in the previous version) then the checkout button closes the cart and returns to the page. If I rename the cart.php file as suggested then I get a transparent drop down cart that is almost impossible to read (see attached).

Is there supposed to be a module class suffix for the hikashop cart module?

Fortunately, I only upgraded our test site as it is not possible to checkout using the drop down cart module.

I have all my settings turned to legacy as changing these causes another problem other users have reported, namely, no 'added to cart' popup, even though it is set to show the popup. Maybe it is a config setting, but the documentation for users migrating from a customised cart / shopping cart is not clear (and lets face it the std HikaShop cart is just not good enough to leave as it is).

Please help as I am unable to upgrade now and my client needs to add coupon functionality which doesn't work in the previous version.

Attachments:

6 years 10 months ago #271176

Hello,

You can see to customize the module settings in order to no display some information and maybe adapt a little the CSS to not display the prices with a smaller font-size.
HikaShop 3 have new features for his cart module and one of the setting allow to have a "drop down" cart ; maybe not exactly like what you have with your template but something close.

Otherwise, you would have to use the template override view but you'll need to customize it to improve the compatibility with HK3.
But it will be very difficult to us to tell you more about that, because it's something related to the template and we are not aware of what they have done. It's not our code, it's not our work.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 10 months ago #271250

Thanks, but that's not very helpful. I know this is an issue with the template, but your default views for both the product page and cart module are not good enough for most clients, so we end up having to modify them just to make them look right.

OK, for anyone else with this issue, I have a solution. Edit /templates/gk_storefront/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php
Add the following around line 321 (just above the proceed to cart code) ...

<p class="hikashop_cart_input_button"> <a href="url of your checkout page">proceed to checkout</a></p>
You will then need to go into the hikashop cart module and disable the original proceed to checkout button (this was added in 3.0.1).

Ok, it's not pretty but it works!

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by serbofleconcepts.

6 years 10 months ago #271281

Where do you find this in config:
You will then need to go into the hikashop cart module and disable the original proceed to checkout button (this was added in 3.0.1).

6 years 10 months ago #271310
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds