Checkout buttons don't bring to checkout, they just refresh (after update to 3)

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 weeks ago #263808

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hello,

I updated the site from joomla 3.5.1. and everything worked fine. Then I updated the Hikashop from 2.6.3 to 3.0.0 and thats when the problem appeared.

I run hikashop on Gavick Pro Storefront template.

When I want to checkout using the button in the shopping cart module or in the shopping cart menu the site just refreshes and doesn't proceed to checkout. This happened right after update to Hikashp 3.0.0. everything else being the same.

The hardcoded link to the checkout flow that I use in one menu proceeds just fine.

The page is as of now restored to previous state, without the Joomla update and without Hikashop update, so the page works as of now. But I want to update to the latest Hikashop.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 3 weeks ago #263861

I'm having the same issue. The storefront template really causes a lot of issues. Renaming the file /html/com_hikashop in the template folder to _com_hikashop breaks the design, but the checkout button works again.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 3 weeks ago #263832

Hi,

It seems you're not using the cart module of HikaShop but another module (I suppose it's coming with your template).
Thus, this means that the template needs to be updated to accomodate for the changes.
If you have the problem with the default cart module, I would recommend renaming the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php
That will remove the override of the cart module and it will use the new cart module view which will work fine with HikaShop 3.

7 years 3 weeks ago #264196

Thanks for your replay. I will try that when I find time.

I would like to download other Hikashop versions, not just the latest version. I don't see them in my account as of now.

I would like to make the site multi-language and I need at least version 2.6.4 for that as I understand. I would like to try this update and see if it will work with the template before I go further.

Could you make all other Hikashop versions downloadable in my account? Thank you.

7 years 3 weeks ago #264211

Hi,

We only provide the latest version on our website so that people keep their HikaShop as update as possible.
If you need a previous version, please request it through our contact form with the version number, the edition you want, and the order number of your purchase.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Multisite
7 years 1 week ago #265153

Hello,

I have the same problem and I launched a request for support at gavick.

they tell me :

Now I can tell that problem is not in template, but in Hikashop. Button in cart is redirecting to page: /mes-achats/product/updatecart which than sends it back to the page it came from. I think Hikashop developers used wrong link since this one supposed to be to save changes like removing items from cart or changing quantity. Or maybe it was an update form from the start ? Unfortunately I'm not Hikashop expert to know that :(

Anyway I would just add a link to cart page in /html/mod_hikashop_cart/default.php and remove/hide this button.

i still search for solution.

Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by gabriel.robert.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 1 week ago #265189

Hi,

First, please be sure to be up-to-date with the latest version of HikaShop (today it's 3.0.1)
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

Afterwards, please provide details which would allow our team to see and understand the issue you're talking about.
Osindelka problem was related to a cart module included in the template. But your problem might be different.
Without any concrete details and description ; we can't know.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 11 months ago #266581

Hi

We seem to be having the same issue. We have just updated from 2.6.4 to 3.0.1.
When clicking "Buy now" from the product list, the user is taken to the checkout page as expected. But if a product has variants/options and the user needs to go through the product page, clicking on "Buy Now" does not send the user to the checkout. The product is simply added to the cart.

Is there a way to get the "Buy now" button to behave only in one way, namely to send the user to checkout?

• Hikashop Multisite
6 years 11 months ago #266653

Hello,

i have open a ticket in gavick support.
They said : the template is too old to be updated for hikashop 3.0. it work with 2.6.4

"Template supports an older version of Hikashop and it will not be updated, because it's too old. You can downgrade Your Hikashop to a version from before 3 or rename /html/com_hikashop/cart to /html/com_hikashop/_cart so original files will be used."

after, they said :

"I can tell that problem is not in template, but in Hikashop. Button in cart is redirecting to page: /mes-achats/product/updatecart which than sends it back to the page it came from. I think Hikashop developers used wrong link since this one supposed to be to save changes like removing items from cart or changing quantity. Or maybe it was an update form from the start ? Unfortunately I'm not Hikashop expert to know that :(

Anyway I would just add a link to cart page in /html/mod_hikashop_cart/default.php and remove/hide this button. "

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by gabriel.robert.

6 years 11 months ago #266587

Hi,

This indicates that you must have some overrides in some views and not others, and thus you're on the old add to cart system with one button and not the other and that's why it's not consistent. Hard to say precisely what to do though without looking at your pages.
Could you give a link to the pages you're talking about ?

6 years 11 months ago #266752

Hi Nicolas, would it be possible for us to send you the links over a private message or over the contact form?

6 years 11 months ago #266756

Hi,

Yes. Please use our contact form and add also a link to this thread in your message:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

6 years 11 months ago #266969

@earmaster: disable the "HikaShop cart notification plugin" via the Joomla plugins manager and the add to cart button will take you to the checkout.

6 years 11 months ago #267164

Hi nicolas.

That indeed seems to have solved the issue, however we seem to be having a issue with the buy now buttons and products which doesn't have any "options", to see the issue click the "Buy now" (On the Product listings page) for the product called "eMedia My Guitar v2" or any product from the "MUSIC NOTATION SOFTWARE" Group.

Clicking the Buy now seems to produce 2 errors in the console looking like this:

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by earmaster.

6 years 11 months ago #267166

Hi,

I don't see why it would do that.
The link on the add to button is correct. It seems to be a SEF related issue.
Do you have a third party SEF system like sh404SEF ?
If you turn off the SEF settings of Joomla, does it work ?

6 years 10 months ago #268670

Have the same problem - button of the cartmodule does not lead to checkout (just refresh).
latest Hikashop & Hikamarket
latest GK StorefrontTemplate
J 3.5.6
Link

Deactivating the HikaShop cart notification plugin and deactivating SEF Urls did not help in my case.

Is there a solution found meanwhile? that would help me and others?

thanks

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by woidl.

6 years 10 months ago #268675

Hi,

On your link I see that you're using a custom cart module or the cart module of HikaShop with a view override from your template.
So I suppose that the code they are using in their to display the button to the checkout needs to be updated.
If it's a template override, rename the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php to something else via FTP and that will deactivate it and the button should then work fine.
If it's a custom cart module, try instead with the default cart module of HikaShop to see if the default button works.

The following user(s) said Thank You: woidl

• Hikashop Multisite
6 years 10 months ago #270094

Hello, I see that it does not advance ...

Where can i download version 2.6.4 from hiksahop? I see only this solution.

Gavick says it's at hikashop, and you're saying it's a gavick change.

I already have difficulties in English, sorry if I do not understand anything!

I would never have thought of myself in this situation with gavick + hikashop :-(

Thank you for allowing me the download of 2.6.4 while waiting for me to return on another solution.

Again sorry for my english, it's google translation.

Thank you in advance, greetings

6 years 10 months ago #270122

Hi,

Well, the cart module of HikaShop 3, and the proceed to checkout button from it does work just fine for everyone else so it can't be a problem in HikaShop. Be sure that we would have already fixed it by now since thousands of merchants already use HikaShop 3.
If you switch to the default template of Joomla and/or the default cart module of HikaShop, you'll see that it works just fine.

If you want to download a previous version, we already explained how here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/889127-c...ate-to-3.html#264211

6 years 10 months ago #270437

Had the same problem.

but found out

When i changed the layout of the buttons from normal to CSS everything worked fine.

But the beautifull new checkout design suddenly dissapeared.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds