Custom Item Fields in Notification Emails

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikamarket Frontedition Hikamarket Multivendor Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #274697

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FireFox 53.0.3

I've created several custom fields in the Item table for customization of various items in the cart. I've tried just about everything I could find in the forums for getting the values entered to show on the admin notification emails, but nothing seems to work.
Is there some switch I'm missing somewhere?

Custom Field Options are set as:

Table: item
Field Type: Text
Published: Yes
Access Level: All
Display Options all set to Yes
Display:Cart Options all set to Yes
Display:Mail Options all set to Yes
Display:Hikamarket Options all set to Yes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
6 years 9 months ago #274702

Hello,

Do you have some email overrides ?
Because the email need some code in order to load the custom fields (depending the filters).
Afterwards, if the item field value is empty, the field won't be visible in the order and emails.
So we would need a bit more details in order to understand your issue, like screenshot which let us really show your configuration and how the field is used in an order.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikamarket Frontedition Hikamarket Multivendor Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #274737

Hi,
I don't have email overides as I thought this was an automatic feature for them to show. I would need help creating those.
Attached are screenshots of how the fields are used and one configuration.
Thanks so much!

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by a2zcs.

6 years 9 months ago #274767

Hello,

Your item custom field have a product restriction ; so you need to have a recent HikaShop 3.1.1 in order to get the fix I made on June 1.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 9 months ago #274812

I seem to be having the same issue, except I did do the update yesterday so the patch should have been in there. I can start a new topic if you wish but it does sound very similar to the above problem.

I can get custom 'order' fields in the admin email fine. But the 'item' custom fields do not show in the email - if that helps.

Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago #274871

Hi Jerome,
I've installed the latest version of 3.1.1 but it did not fix the problem. The custom item fields are still not showing up in the admin notification email. The custom fields have also stopped showing in the HikaMarket Vendor Control Panel Orders screen where they showed prior to the update. I've also downloaded and installed the latest version of HikaMarket Multi-Vendor.

Matt

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by a2zcs.

• Thank you received: 13102
6 years 9 months ago #274815

Hi,

If you have all the latest patchs, then either you are in a corner case that no one reported yet, or you have some view overrides or email override which comes from a previous version without all the patchs in it.
So first check that the custom item fields are displayed in the order when you edit it in the backend (with the backend listing display setting activated in your custom field).
If you do see it for the product in the order's products listing, then the problem is with the email which must have an override from an old version and you can check on that via the menu System>Emails.
If you don't see it there, then the value of the custom field is not recorded with the order. So check that you have the value of the custom item field on the cart in the checkout before validating it. If you do, then there is a problem when the order is created. If you don't, then there is a problem when the product is added to the cart.

6 years 9 months ago #274890

If you have all the latest patchs, then either you are in a corner case that no one reported yet, or you have some view overrides or email override which comes from a previous version without all the patchs in it

I believe I have all the updated patches, but I have not created any view or email overrides.[/color]

So first check that the custom item fields are displayed in the order when you edit it in the backend (with the backend listing display setting activated in your custom field).

The backend listing display is enabled in the custom field, but the custom field is NOT displayed in the backend order Product List

If you do see it for the product in the order's products listing, then the problem is with the email which must have an override from an old version and you can check on that via the menu System>Emails.

If you don't see it there, then the value of the custom field is not recorded with the order. So check that you have the value of the custom item field on the cart in the checkout before validating it. If you do, then there is a problem when the order is created. If you don't, then there is a problem when the product is added to the cart.

The value of the custom field is shown in the cart before clicking on "Finish". So how can I find/fix the problem when the order is created?

I just looked at my database to try and find the table hikashop_item and there isn't one, I presume that is the table where the custom field entries would be located, correct? How do I create the item table or isn't it that simple?

Thanks,
Matt

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Jerome. Reason: Use [quote] to quote and do not use colors for the distinction ; that does not allow the support team to work properly. Thanks !

6 years 9 months ago #274924

My apologies on the colors. Any thoughts on why there is no items table?

6 years 9 months ago #274944

Hello,

1 - Please provide your HikaShop version with the build number
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...onfig.html#main_main

2 - If you can't see the item custom field in the order details ; it would mostly mean that the value is not stored in the database.
And you can't resolve the issue for the past orders ; if the data is not there, it is just lost.
So you need to create new orders in order to check if you right have the latest fixes and that the custom item field are not right saved.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 9 months ago #274961

It is version HikaShop Business 3.1.1 [1707241513]
HikaMarket 1.7.3 Date July 17th, 2017

The site is not live yet, so past orders are of no concern, just need to get it working before going live.
New test orders are not saving or showing the custom data.

Thanks,

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by a2zcs. Reason: Adding the actual build number

6 years 9 months ago #274967

Hello,

Okay.

If we take a look at your field, it's name is "Name Required" but for the other screenshot you gave, there is no such field.
Would it be possible to have a full workflow in order see and understand what's going on and be sure that you're talking about a bug and not a mis-configuration ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 9 months ago #274996

I don't have any fields named "Name Required". There are some fields that an entry is required, if that is what you mean.
Lets focus on one item that has one custom field that is optional. Image 1.jpg.
The custom entry shows up in the cart. Image 2.jpg
I then click on Finish and look at the order in the backend and the information is not shown. Image 3.jpg

I look at the configuration of the custom field in image 4.jpg and to me it appears as it should.

Not really sure what you mean by workflow

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 9 months ago #275009

Hi just jumping in again to say that so far what a2zcs has said is exactly the same for me.

The custom 'item' field does show in the checkout.

But it will not show up in the backend with 'backend listing' enabled.

And still doesn't show in the invoice email etc.

I didn't check the database.

The other differences are that my site was working fine before the update and I can get the 'order' custom fields showing fine.

6 years 9 months ago #275057

Hello,

Because you do not have "avatars" I missed the fact that they were two different users and different screenshots of different configuration.
I'm sorry but it is very complicated to work in such conditions because I can't navigate easily between the screenshots when they don't have connection.

What I can see in all your elements :
1 - A custom field with a product restriction AND category restriction. You should not use both in the same time.
2 - Which checkout mode are you using (legacy or not legacy) ?

The issue seem to be related to variants and "restrictions" ; but we need more details in order to focus our research and reproduce the issue.
Problem is, we already got that issue reported some weeks ago and we already integrated patches in HikaShop to fix it ; so you should have a different case and we need to understand what it is.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by nicolas.

6 years 9 months ago #275060

I did not have a category restriction set on the custom field. I just tried it with one as I could not understand what you meant by your statement, if we should have one or not. Neither makes a difference.

Where do we find the Checkout Mode?

I'd be happy to give you admin access to the site if it would help.

Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago #275065

Hi,

Jerome forgot the "not" in his message.
You should remove the "product category" category restriction in your custom field and try again.
That should help.

6 years 9 months ago #275087

With or without the category restriction, it still isn't working.
Is there supposed to be an actual "Item" table in the database? What is its name? ####_Hikashop_item?
If so, it isn't there.

6 years 9 months ago #275134

Hi,

There is no item table. The custom item fields are added as columns in both the hikashop_cart_product and the hikashop_order_product tables since the custom item fields data needs to be stored together with the product in the cart and in the order.
So you'll find the data there.

The problem can come from several things:
- You don't have all the patches that we added in June for the custom item fields. So check the build number next to the version number in the HikaShop configuration. The first numbers of the build number correspond to the date. For example, a build number like 1707241513 indicates that you have all the patches we published for HikaShop 3.1.1 until the 24th of July 2017. So in the case of @a2zcs, it should not be a problem. If unsure, just download the install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get all the latest patchs.
- You have a custom override of the email. Go in the menu System>Emails and check that the customization columns there are empty for the emails for which you have the problem.
- The settings of the custom field in the database do not reflect what you see when you edit the custom field. Save the custom field settings once to avoid that.
- The data of the custom field is missing in the database. If you have the custom item field displayed on the products listing of the order details page in the backend, then it is not that problem.

On my end, I tested a custom item field with a restriction on a product with variants:
monosnap.com/file/V3bwKxGbWq1g4p6JMyss63EfmUsvJO
monosnap.com/file/VLoI92fVynymt0awEXNyiPwH3aP4y7
And as you can see, the custom item field is displayed on the notification email.
So I don't see how it could be a bug in HikaShop.

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by nicolas.

6 years 9 months ago #275165

"There is no item table. The custom item fields are added as columns in both the hikashop_cart_product and the hikashop_order_product tables since the custom item fields data needs to be stored together with the product in the cart and in the order.
So you'll find the data there." - Sorry, the data is not located in either of those two tables for me.

"The problem can come from several things:
- You don't have all the patches that we added in June for the custom item fields. So check the build number next to the version number in the HikaShop configuration. The first numbers of the build number correspond to the date. For example, a build number like 1707241513 indicates that you have all the patches we published for HikaShop 3.1.1 until the 24th of July 2017. So in the case of @a2zcs, it should not be a problem. If unsure, just download the install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get all the latest patchs. " - Right, I have the build of 1707241513

"- You have a custom override of the email. Go in the menu System>Emails and check that the customization columns there are empty for the emails for which you have the problem." - I don't have a Custom Override of the Email.

"- The settings of the custom field in the database do not reflect what you see when you edit the custom field. Save the custom field settings once to avoid that." - They have been saved

"- The data of the custom field is missing in the database. If you have the custom item field displayed on the products listing of the order details page in the backend, then it is not that problem." The custom field data is missing in the database and does not show up int the order details in the backend

"On my end, I tested a custom item field with a restriction on a product with variants:
monosnap.com/file/V3bwKxGbWq1g4p6JMyss63EfmUsvJO
monosnap.com/file/VLoI92fVynymt0awEXNyiPwH3aP4y7
And as you can see, the custom item field is displayed on the notification email.
So I don't see how it could be a bug in HikaShop." I have no doubt it is working for you, but it is not for me.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds