File Upload and Custom Field Failure

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #276096

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : DEPRECATED: METHODS WITH THE SAME NAME AS THEIR CLASS WILL NOT BE CONSTRUCTORS IN A FUTURE VERSION OF PHP; GETHIKASHOPTAB HAS A DEPRECATED CONSTRUCTOR IN /MNT/DATA/VHOSTS/CASITE-620018.CLOUDACCESS.NET/HTTPDOCS/COMPONENTS/COM_COMPROFILER/PLUGIN/USER/PLUG_HIKASHOPCBPLUGIN/HIKASHOP.PHP ON LINE 17

Hi,

I'm having an increasing problem with some customers where their file uploads and custom field inputs are not working.

For example, they are buying a product which must be created, so they upload a list of names (excel, text, doc, etc.) with the file upload field, or simply paste in the names into a text area custom field we have created for this purpose.

These fields are placed in the Item table and appear for each product, as different products may need different names.

Each customer has their own login and specific products, and is a member of their own Joomla user and access group

When we get the admin notification, we get the value of the text area printed right with the product, and the link to the uploaded file as well.

This has been working fine for years, but now something is off.

I don't know why, but for some customers, it works fine and others are not able to upload or send any names. It appears from their end that it works, but we don't get the file link in our admin email, or the text from the text area.

I have been able to determine that the file IS uploaded. When I test with a problem user account, as usual I do not get the attachment link in my admin email, but I do see the actual file when going to the upload directory via FTP.

However, the input text into the text area is completely lost.

So from this info is there any clue what is going on? I must admit I am at a loss of what to test.

My initial thought was it must be the user group/access itself, but there's not much I can do with that except resave them, and that didn't work. I also tried creating anew user, but still the problem persisted. The products don't seem to be the issue as they are set up the same as working products. But it has to be something.

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #276108

Actually, after looking in the database I see the info entered into the text area does indeed make it to the database.

This looks like an issue where for some reason those custom fields in conjunction with some users or products just does not make it into my admin email order notification.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #276102

Hello,

Can you please indicate your HikaShop build number ?
We made some fixes around the item custom fields in the past months so we would need to know if you have all the required patchs or if something is missing.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...onfig.html#main_main

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #276169

Hi Jerome,

sure, I have build number listed as 1706081655

6 years 8 months ago #276170

Hello,

Okay.
So please re-download HikaShop 3.1.1 in order to get the latest patches.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #276188

Hi Jerome, I did just now download and install the latest, but unfortunately it did not fix the issue.

Now my build reads as "1708111031".

But when I complete a purchase with one of the problem accounts the same thing happens, the link to the uploaded file is missing in my admin email as well as the text from the text area field.

Again, checking in the database the data is there, but it is still a mystery why only those accounts/products are affected.

6 years 8 months ago #276207

Hello,

If you got the data in your database, it's good.
Now, would it be possible to have more details about your custom field configuration ?

Please note that you can try to re-save your custom field settings in order to be sure that the "display" rules are right stored.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #276245

Sure, I will attach the screenshots of the fields here. There is the text area and a file upload field.

I tried changing some of the settings and re-saving a few times. Specifically I thought maybe it was the category restriction, so instead of just putting the top category and setting "Including sub categories" to Yes, I specifically enabled the problem category, but it had no effect.

Attachments:

6 years 8 months ago #276247

Hello,

It might looks strange but you need to display your item custom field on "backend listing".
Afterwards, I recommend you to just remove the "product category" from the category restriction ; it will just slow down the system by forcing HikaShop check the categories while it obviously include all categories.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #276507

Hi Jerome, this seems to have fixed it, the problem accounts are now showing those fields as they were before.

Is there any reason why it would only affect certain groups/accounts? At this stage I 'm still unsure if it was the accounts themselves or the actual products assigned to those groups that was the problem.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 8 months ago #276527

Hi,

For the same custom field, it should be the same regardless of the user account, user group. So I don't see why that would be the case.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds