• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280349

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.grandestampa.com/shop
-- HikaShop version -- : 338
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

Hi,
have a checkout process where clients first selects where he is a business or private (in custom address field) and when business, he fills in business name and vat number (both required).
Have noticed that when the info is not filled in, there is a message (also in case the VAT number is not correct). The choice for 'business' remains active, but the fields are hidden. They only show up again after you first select 'private' and then again 'business'. This is a small issue.
However, we received an order for a business who did not fill in either of the two required fields. I do not understand how this is possible or is this meant to be like that to make sure orders are not refused?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 5 months ago #280351

Hi,

1. It's because the toggle system for the fields "display limited to" system is not called upon refresh of the block.
Change the line:

$params['js'] .= $view->fieldClass->jsToggle($addresses['fields'], @$addresses['data'][ $address_id ], 0, 'hikashop_checkout_', array('return_data' => true, 'suffix_type' => '_'.$view->step.'_'.$view->block_position));
to:
$params['js'] .= $view->fieldClass->jsToggle($addresses['fields'], $view->edit_address, 0, 'hikashop_checkout_', array('return_data' => true, 'suffix_type' => '_'.$view->step.'_'.$view->block_position));
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/checkout/address.php and that should fix that issue.
Let us know how that goes.

2. The only solution I can think of to be able to do that is to already have a user account with an address without these fields filled. If the address is already in the system and the user just selects it, the system doesn't check that it still meets the settings of all the custom address fields. It assumes that the checks were already done when the address was created. So it could happen for user accounts created before these custom fields were added or set to be required.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280386

Thanks for the quick reply.
The solution works for the toggler, but now (or maybe this was already happening sometimes before, I am not sure ...) when I do not fill in any vat number (required field) I do not get a warning message and the system goes to the next step.
Have a test website where I made the change, prefer to keep this private. Will sent this to you.

6 years 5 months ago #280406

Hi,

It's not linked to that code change.
So it must be something else.
I tried to look at the issue on your website but I'm not able to access it:
monosnap.com/file/bDyzmAClAY6NUy2T0pjZmvTccoHzFG
Could you double check ?
Could you also provide a screenshot of the settings of your VAT custom field and tell us how you set the VAT number check setting of the HikaShop configuration ?

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280503

Apologies ... will send a new message with the right url!

Attached are the settings. I am using the address_vat field and don't remember to have changed anything there ... but probably I did?

Thanks!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 5 months ago #280508

Hello,

Your VAT field seems to be correctly configured and it worked fine when I tested it. I also had a "Per favore indicare la Partita IVA se siete un'azienda!" error message.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280591

Thanks Mohamed,
when I try, not filling in the VAT address field nor the 'Rag. Sociale' (both required), I do not get any error message. Have tried in Crome and Firefox (although guess the browser does not matter?). I can just proceed to the next checkout step.
This is very strange? How come on my computer it is working differently (and a client also did manage to make an order without the two required fields)?
Hope you have an idea ...
Thanks a lot!

• Thank you received: 609
6 years 5 months ago #280603

Hello,

I process some tests and I have the required error message when I leave the required field empty, see by yourself :

If we are unable to see the issue, solve it will be difficult or impossible, so in order to progress on this subject can you :
- Explain your test context for now as we haven't registered references we use the guest checkout
=> Maybe on your side you use login checkout ? If yes, can you provide access references ?
- Provide a step by step in order to reproduce your situation
- Precise on which navigator you process your tests

Note : You can use our Contact us form to provide important references, just add an Url link to this topic to your message.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280669

Thanks Philip and I am really sorry to take so much of your time. However in my configuration it is not working. Have sent an email from the form with link to the test website.
Hope you can help!
Thanks a lot,
Willemijn

• Thank you received: 609
6 years 5 months ago #280691

Hello,

I was now able to reproduce your issue on your website, the second step in order to debug was to reproduce it on my localhost, and on my side everything worked as expected.
Can you provide access references for back end, because I don't see what can leads to this result.

Note : Provide these elements via our Contact us form exactly like you already do, and notify us here.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280845

Thanks Philip,
have jut sent a private message with login details for the test website.
Thanks!

6 years 5 months ago #280860

Hi,

Please include a link to the thread next time so that we can easily find it.

I've checked your settings and it indeed seems like there is a bug, but I'm not able to reproduce.
Could you provide also a FTP access via our contact form so that we could debug the situation and apply a patch for it?

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280889

Thanks Nicolas!
Have resent a private message (via the contact us form) with link and FTP info.

Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Jerome. Reason: Add an important information that you used the "contact us" form and you did not send a "PM" to Nicolas ; since the "contact us" form is the right way to contact the support team.

6 years 5 months ago #281102

Hi,

Please use our contact form next time to send private information:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

I've found the issue and fixed it.
It came from the way the custom VAT field was configured. Apparently at one point the parent field was a multi selection field and the display limited to value of the VAT field was saved as a multi select but then it was changed to a radio but the VAT field wasn't updated.
I've changed the code so that it works regardless.
We'll add the patch on our end too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Veli

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #281107

Thanks a lot and apologies for writing the wrong information, apparently I got confused!
Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds