New variants cannot be bought by guest user

• Thank you received: 8
6 years 3 months ago #283752

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hello,

I've encountered a VERY troubling error. I have many products with many variants and up until not long ago everything was fine. But, it seems that one of the latest updates of Hikashop caused an error and now every time I add a new variant to a product this particular variant can't be bought by a Guest user. When trying to proceed after the login page as a guest we get the following error:
"You cannot proceed to a guest checkout as some of the products in your cart require a registration to our website. Please register an account or remove these products from your cart in order to proceed."

This problem does not effect purchase by a registered user.

This is a LIVE website and sales are effected by this. Need your support and solution ASAP.

Thank you in advance,

Guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #283755

Hello,

It means that you have configure the "group after purchase" in the product settings.
Due to that setting, the plugin refuse a guest to buy the product since it wouldn't be possible for the plugin to change the group of the guest account.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 3 months ago #283801

Hello Jerome,

Thank you for the quick replay.
I checked the product page and the variants and the "group after purchase" was set to "none".
Even after I've set the setting to "guest" or "public" it did not work. As we don't use this feature I've disabled the "HikaShop group plugin" and this solved the problem. But, this is definitely a bug in Hikashop and I strongly suggest you guys to fix it.

Thank you for your support,

Guy.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 months ago #283821

Hi,

Yes, that's normal, you need to check all the users groups in that setting of the variant. If not all of them are checked, the system requires a user account for the customers and thus guest users can't checkout.
That's because it is impossible for the user group after purchase plugin to change the user group of a user which doesn't have a user account.
Normally, all the user groups are checked by default in that setting, so that shouldn't be a problem normally.
But yes, if you don't use the plugin, it's best to leave it deactivated anyway. That will be less memory used, less processing done and less probability of an issue in the future.

6 years 3 months ago #283896

Dear Nicolas,

Once again, thank you for your answer. Please note that in my case the settings for "group after purchase" was set to "none".
When trying to set the groups as custom I was able to select only one group. The problem remained no matter what group was chosen or even when it was set to none. The only solution was to disable the plugin.

I truly believe I've stumbled upon a bug I think you should check it out before it causes more trouble to others.

Best regards,

Guy.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #283947

Hello,

Please deactivate the corresponding plugin : "Hikashop Group Plugin"
That plugin is the only one which display such message and that plugin can only do that if you have a product with the corresponding group setting configured.
So I really don't know what is your configuration but the easy way is to deactivate the plugin so it deactivates the features too.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds