Guest checkout makes me register

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 4 months ago #284483

-- url of the page with the problem -- : survivalbreakdownbow.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3

Hello,
In the checkout process, I have guest as the default with the ability to create an account or log in to an account. When you check out as a guest, you have to hunt for the button that says "REGISTER" (see pic), instead of next or something.

1) The button is VERY small and I can't find the code to change that to make it bold, or a different color, or something (I assume its in the Front-end CSS File in the configuration screen?)
2) Why would it say REGISTER? Checking out as a GUEST kind of means that you don't want to create an account so why register?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13065
6 years 4 months ago #284484

Hi,

Your questions spawn from the fact that you have the "checkout legacy" setting activated in your HikaShop configuration, and thus you're using the old checkout of HikaShop.
If you deactivate that setting, you'll see that the button displays as a button, and you'll see that the text will be correct in it.
The text was wrong with the old checkout because of the way the registration form there was made and how is was hacked overtime to add functions like guest checkout into it.
And the register button doesn't have any CSS for the old checkout. You would have to add the CSS using the class of the button:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
But I would personally recommend activating the new checkout.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 4 months ago #284540

Thank you!

It took some digging around so for anyone else having this problem...

The legacy features are in System>Configuration>Advanced (not under checkout)

AND

You also will need to go to your Joomla menus tab and change the checkout (or cart) menu type as there is a cart (legacy) and a cart option.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated!

But now there is a new problem...

When I switched everything over, it all looked great... had some minor adjustments, but all is great, except that when I want to checkout as a guest, I put in my info and hit NEXT, I then get a warning that the Captcha was not completed correctly. Well, there wasn't a captcha option when I put in the info, only after I hit next and then I get the error. Further more, the box itself is missing for the captcha. The only thing i could do (I found) was to go to the HikaShop Captcha plug in and deselect it being used for registration. So now it doesn't show up in checkout, but it doesn't show up when a new account wants to register either. So now we are back to one of my first problems (questions) being that why is it wanting me to register if I am checking out as a guest?

• Thank you received: 13065
6 years 4 months ago #284542

Hi,

It's normal that the captcha plugin works as well when you do a guest checkout. Because you also want to avoid spam orders, even for guests.
If you don't see the captcha on the guest form when you have it on the registration form of the checkout, and you're using the new checkout, all I can think is that you've configured the plugin in a wrong way.
Please make sure that you didn't configure it to display the captcha after the password field, since there is no password field on the guest form.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds