Loging in and Guest checkout

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
5 years 11 months ago #292333

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.beeswaxcandleshop.com/store.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.16

Hello - I am checking to see if anything has changed in the new version regarding logins and checking out. In the past I have avoided encouraging logins and opted for Guest checkout only. I have had many issues with someone creating a login and later coming back and trying to use their email address in Guest Checkout and then getting a "This email is already being used" message. Usually they get frustrated, go away and I lose the sale. I am hoping this issue has been corrected in this version. Other sites can login or use Guest checkout if they wish without any penalty from the site.

How is this working in the new version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 11 months ago #292356

Hi,

Due to the way the user handling is done in the core, allowing someone to use the same email address he already used to register a user account to do a guest checkout would require profound changes and bring out complex situations to solve.
So far we didn't work on that. We've been poundering on it for a while but didn't find it a good enough solution to implement it.
So for now, it's still the same. If you already regsitered, then you need to login and can't guest checkout with the email of the user account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds