• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #292960

-- url of the page with the problem -- : morenadancewear.com.au/
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi,

I am trying to track my sales through Google Analytics and I therefore enabled the plugin "Hikashop Google Analytics" and setup the fields as necessary (see attachment). 2018-05-21.png I am working closely with Google team to get the sales tracking happening, however it seems that the plugin is not recording the sales as it should be. Is there anything that can be done? (Note that Google team advised me that one solution would be if a Thank you page is created and the user is directed to it as soon as payment is made, any suggestion here?) Your help is much appreciated.[attachment=43742]2018-05-21.png

I am working closely with Google team to get the sales tracking happening, however it seems that the plugin is not recording the sales as it should be. Is there anything that can be done?

(Note that Google team advised me that one solution would be if a Thank you page is created and the user is directed to it as soon as payment is made, any suggestion here?)

Your help is much appreciated.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by kchahine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 10 months ago #292961

Hi,

You've configured the plugin with the "always use direct call" setting activated.
In that case, the plugin will notify GA upon receiving the payment notification from the payment gateway via a cURL request.
It's possible that this request is block by a firewall of your hosting forbidding outgoing connections. It's happens quite often and I suppose that's why the GA support told you to add javascript to the thank you page.
If you turn off that option, the GA plugin will add such javascript on the thank you page of HikaShop.
With some payment gateways, you'll want to configure your merchant account settings so that it automatically redirects back to the website after the payment. Otherwise, the sale won't be counted if the customer doesn't click on the button to go back to the shop.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #293024

Hi,
If I understood properly I need to set my payment gateway to automatically redirect user back to my webiste. I am using PayPal and I set it up to direct the user back to website, however PayPal request a specific page. I created a page ( morenadancewear.com.au/thank-you.html ) where the user is directed to after a successful PayPal payment.
Also, as advised by you, I disabled "always use direct call". My question, do I need to do any thing else to ensure this is working properly?
Regards

5 years 10 months ago #293025

Hi,

You shouldn't have to specify a page as HikaShop already sends to PayPal the URL of the page to redirect back the customer.
Also, it would be better to use the normal thank you page of HikaShop in your PayPal merchant account if you want GA to work.
If you use your own thank you page, then the GA code from HikaShop won't be added to the page.
Then, you can enter your own thank you page in the "return URL" setting of the payment method. That way, after displaying the HikaShop thank you page (with the GA code on it), HikaShop will redirect to your return URL.
The normal thank you page of HikaShop is: yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end

• Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #293054

Hi Nicolas,
If I understood correctly, my problem will be resolved by setting up my PayPal to auto direct to my website on completion of payment to the following page:
morenadancewear.com.au/index.php?option=...ckout&task=after_end
Please let me know if any further action is needed.
Regards.

5 years 10 months ago #293073

Hi,

Yes that will redirect back to the thank you page of HikaShop and you should see the order in Google Analytics after that (there might be some delay).

The following user(s) said Thank You: kchahine

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds