Paypal express checkout button: how to make it more usable?

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 10 months ago #293135

Hello,
I am testing the paypal express plugin and I have a couple of issues:

1 - how can I insert a message before the button to improve usability (eg. to explain to the user to click there for a quick checkout or to continue for offline payment) - in looked in checkout / show.php, checkout / show_block_cart.php and in payment.php but can't find anything there to locate the button.

This kind of layout would be more user friendly, it comes from the paypal demo website

2 - can the button be customized (it looks a bit small and old...), I checked on paypal but it doesn't seem to be a way to choose a buton style for paypal express checkout to associate with my API, there is also the possibility to custmize it in the code integration, so maybe this is just possible by hacking the plugin?

3 - isn't this plugin also supposed to pass to paypal the user address?
I am testing with a user who already has an address registered in hikashop, but it doesn't get pushed to paypal, I tried both checking/unchecking the "override address" option, since I don't understand to what that applies, but in both cases the address is not being pushed to paypal and the user who doesn't have a paypal account has to enter it all over again.

Here are my configs

Thank you!

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by oloccina.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 10 months ago #293158

Hello,

1. You have to directly edit your payment plugin files, more especially in your paypalexpress.php => in your function __construct, you will see the button Html.
And so you will be able, to add before some Html tag, and any required element.

2. When we develop there wasn't any options to define button display, but right now several possibilities exists, see this Paypal tutorial to add some effect or parameters.

3. For now, the plugin can receive an address from Paypal and override the HikaShop User Address.
As the previous answer, maybe things have changed, does you have any information about this ?

Hope this will answer your question.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oloccina

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 10 months ago #293173

Thank you for this info :)

My doubt in using Paypal Express is that we need to collect the client VAT number to provide invoices, and if the client is not already registered and pays with paypal express, even if hid address is being imported in Hikashop, the VAT number (which is an extra field we created) will still be empty.

So do you think there would be a way to make the client fill in that field automatically after paying with paypal express?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 10 months ago #293179

Hello,

So do you think there would be a way to make the client fill in that field automatically after paying with paypal express?

Sure but the only way will be to customize the PayPal express plugin's code.

PayPal express is used to skip the checkout workflow which will prevent your customers from entering their VAT number, so using another PayPal service might be a better option.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds