Horrible checkout

• Thank you received: 6
5 years 8 months ago #294713

When is Hikashop going to have a decent looking checkout? It has always been horrible looking and almost impossible to edit/modify. Just horrible looking check out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 8 months ago #294741

Hi,

Did you deactivate the "checkout legacy" setting in the HikaShop configuration ?
Because otherwise, you're using the old checkout system of HikaShop.
The new checkout of HikaShop is much nicer and way better to use.

Now if you have more specific requests regarding the new checkout system, we would be glad to hear them.

5 years 8 months ago #294781

Ok.... eshop add to cart popup and the look of the checkout puts hikashop's checkout to shame. I never understood why your team never took the time to make that pop up and the look of the check out halfway decent. EVERYONE makes sure their cart popups and the look of the checkout are pleasing to the eye of the people visiting your store ... you dont want your eCommerce site to look like its stuck in the 90's

Something so simple, yet overlooked from day 1

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 8 months ago #294794

Hi,

I checked their demo website and I don't see where their cart popup or checkout is "better" than ours.
It's a different concept, where we only display the image and name of the product with two buttons in the popup instead of the whole cart with lots of buttons. I personally prefers ours, which has less elements.
And regarding the checkout, their checkout is a cross between a real one page checkout (which you can do with HikaShop) and a several pages checkout displayed as a false accordeon.
But besides that, within each view it basically displays similarily to what you have in each view of the checkout of HikaShop.

Now, I agree that having the possibility to have the whole cart in the add to cart popup could be something nice to add. But besides that, I can't agree with what you're saying.

5 years 8 months ago #294960

OK ...so if you were shopping... where would you feel more comfortable opening up your wallet? .... a check out that looks like a kid made it or one that looks professional? For years people have been asking how to modify the popup or the check out... cause it looks horrible and hard to modify...not for just looks ... but to make their business more presentable to their costumers. I can tell you I have never purchased anything online from a store that has a checkout that looks like hikashop's checkout. If you dont want to invest the time in making it more presentable that is your business, I'm just telling you how I feel as a past Hikashop user.

And to be fair, I do think your software is a better product overall.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 114
5 years 8 months ago #294962

Tomhika, are you saying that hikashop team should take they time for design instead adding more useful features? Design is the template creator job. Hikashop has neutral checkout which can be easy redesigned to feel any joomla template look. So if you have crappy template with default hikashop style then maybe you should change your template?

Thats just my look into your topic and i prefer hikashop team to take they time in more useful features then design. If you dont like it, you always can choose other ecom platform....

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji, Philip

5 years 8 months ago #294963

kyratn ... I respect your opinion, and I understand your point. I have already used a different platform for e few years. Came to visit the site and saw they still had the same old tired popup and checkout.... thats all.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 8 months ago #294976

Hello,

Did you try the settings of the "cart notification plugin" ?
Do you know that it is made via a plugin and you can deactivate it ? (or configure it).
That you can also use other plugins for the notifications ?

For example ; did you take a look at the "cart slide notification" plugin ?
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/120-cartnotify_slide.html

You want a cart popup notifications ; that's possible thanks to a custom plugin !
You just think it is hard to modify or hard to customize but for what I can see, you just not have the full knowledge or features or capabilities.
You can customize these notifications and the new system is incredibly flexible compared to other e-commerce platform.
So instead of providing one single solution ; we are providing unlimited possibilities and, at the end, an endless customization !
You want another system ; you're free to change it and have your own !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds