Cart not clearing AWO Gift certificate

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 9 months ago #295532

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.0

Hi

My site is setup to use the new check out system.
Multi-cart is set to no, clear cart is set to "Created"

I am using AWO to issue gif certificates, the problem I am having is if someone checks out a product on our site and does not use a voucher to pay the system clears the cart as soon as the order is created, so it is working correctly.

If someone pays using a voucher thus discounting the amount to 100% the system immediately confirms the order it, however, does not clear the cart.
I have tried setting the Clean cart when order is to "created" and to "confirmed" nether seem to work, is there some other way I can set it up using mass action or any other means to ensure that carts are cleared.

My feeling is that there are too many processes happening simultaneously when the user clicks finish the system starts enrolling them into our e-learning system. My feeling is that this causes Hikashop to not clear the cart.
Will it be possible to delay the clear cart function by 10 - 40 sec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 9 months ago #295533

Hi,

The order is confirmed automatically when the order amount is zero thanks to the "validate free order" plugin. That plugin has specific code to clear the cart from the user session.
Note that once the cart is cleared, the next one you had in your list of carts is loaded automatically as the current cart.
So if you have been doing many tests and have many of the same carts, you might be thinking that the cart is not cleared while in fact it's only that the next cart being loaded as current cart has the same content as the one that has been checked out.
So please check on that. You can see all the carts in the Customers>Carts menu in the backend.

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 9 months ago #295555

Hi

I have checked, but under customers/carts there is only one cart per customer.
Once I process the order and make payment with the voucher the order is confirmed but if I login to my demo customer the exact same items are still in the cart, if I look under customers/carts the cart still has the exact same ID.

The "validate free order" plugin is definitely not clearing the cart.

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by SnoozeULooze.co.za.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 9 months ago #295565

Hi,

Can you check the version near the top of the file plugins/hikashop/validate_free_order/validate_free_order.php ?
Because it's possible that the update process couldn't update the file due to permissions issue during the update of HikaShop and thus you might have an old bug if you don't have the most recent version of the file.
Also, please try with a normal HikaShop coupon and temporarily disable AWOCoupon. It's possible that AWOCoupon breaks that due to the way it process the coupons. So that test will allow us to know whether it's an issue linked to AWOCoupon or if the issue is there even without it.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds