• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297740

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Nicolas,

As per your response in the other thread...

nicolas wrote: Hi,

If the orders are not confirmed, then your problem is a payment notification issue, so it's completely different from @ChristopheMG's problme which is an email generation problem.
One glitch on the payment notifications can happen with PayPal. Several of them in a row can happen if they have some issue with their servers.
However, it works fine for us and no one else reported a similar issue to us so it's likely to be a problem on your end.
We've got a documentation you can follow in such case :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
So please check the different points there and that should help better understand the situation. also, it would be great to open a new thread if you don't directly find the issue as to not make the discussion confusing for both issues since they are not the same.

I'm starting this thread.

So I don't have time to check right now as I have to go into work, but can you take a quick look at the attached screen shots? I've changed nothing in the past week on my site, so my issue of a customer placing an order, and paying for an order...then not having the order automatically change to confirmed came out of nowhere. It was working fine in the morning, then somewhere in the early afternoon, it just stopped working properly.

I'll try to look into what I can ASAP...thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 7 months ago #297742

Hi,

The settings are fine.
Turn on the debug setting of the payment method so that for the next order the payment notification data will be logged in the payment log file that you can find in the HikaShop configuration.
Then, provide the data in that log file ( you can use our contact form with a link to this thread) and we can check what you have.
Also, on your PayPal merchant account, there is a section regarding the result of payment notifications. So it can be interesting to look there too.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297765

nicolas wrote: Hi,

The settings are fine.
Turn on the debug setting of the payment method so that for the next order the payment notification data will be logged in the payment log file that you can find in the HikaShop configuration.
Then, provide the data in that log file ( you can use our contact form with a link to this thread) and we can check what you have.
Also, on your PayPal merchant account, there is a section regarding the result of payment notifications. So it can be interesting to look there too.

Ok...debugging is on, I'll wait for the next purchase that comes through. Of course I just missed one...so it may be a day or two. Always seems to come a few days between, never anything regular.

As far as the PayPal options. There are two...one for the IPN URL settings (which I'm not using), and another for 3rd Party API settings. Not sure what to do there.

5 years 7 months ago #297767

Hi,

No, I'm talking about the payment notification history in your paypal merchant account:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/in...guide/IPNOperations/
It's not an option but an area of the website.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 7 months ago #297818

Hello Nicolas,

We are experiencing the same problem on our website, where the order is created and the payment is made on PayPal but the order is not getting set to confirmed automatically...

Also the problem just started a few days ago and there were no updates installed...

Thanks for your assistance,

Rufus

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297824

Nicolas...I've got a file for you. Sending it over now. I'll look into the PayPal section you mentioned later tonight or tomorrow night depending on when my kids go to bed.

5 years 7 months ago #297841

Hi,

@rufusr: while you have the same issue, the cause is likely to be different.
Please review the different points on that FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
If you don't find the issue yourself, provide a screenshot of the settings of your paypal payment method and the payment log file once you placed a transaction with the "debug" setting of the paypal payment method activated.
You can use our contact form to reach us privately for that and don't forget to include a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

@Dragon41673 : I checked your payment log and it indicates that no payment notification reached HikaShop. The order information was correctly sent to PayPal when the customer was redirected to PayPal, but HikaShop didn't receive the payment notification after the payment.
So it would be interesting to see what in noted for the payment notifications in the PayPal merchant account IPN history area.
Also, it would be great if you could look at the apache access log file of your website and look for hte notification URL index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang=en&Itemid=549 as mentioned in the documentation link. Then, provide the row of that URL. Make sure that the date of the row is later than when you started having the issue. If you don't find any, then PayPal is definitely not sending the payment notifications or it is blocked by your hosting for some reason. So you'll have to check between the hosting support and the PayPal merchant support.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297881

Nicolas, and anyone else having this issue.

This was IN FACT a host issue.

On a Facebook thread for Joomla, another user was having the same issue with several of his clients that used SiteGround hosting. Turns out, they blocked the PayPal IP Address of 173.0.81.1 which is what PayPal uses to notify HikaShop of a completed sale.

This morning, I reached out to SiteGround with that information, and they reported back almost right away that they were getting other complaints such as mine, and that the IP was in fact blocked. They released that block and now everything is working properly. I just had my first official order since the lifting of this IP block...and I have received the order confirmation and the order does show confirmed.

So in the future, if anyone is having this issue and using SiteGround (or even possibly another host), check with them first to see if that IP is blocked!

Thank you Nicolas for your help!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

5 years 7 months ago #297883

Thanks so much Dragon41673,

We were having the same issue and that is great news...

Blessings,

Rufus

• Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #297962

Thank you! I use Siteground and I am still having the issue. I will contact them.

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas Edison

Meditation for Health
www.seekwithinyou.com

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297963

Most welcome!

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds