[solved] Displaying a message above checkout pages

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 5 months ago #299775

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.38

Hi,

I'm trying to add an info message above checkout pages, someting very simple that should be displayed above hikashop_checkout_form.
Then I added a <p>...</p> in the view mytemplate -> checkout -> show , just before the hikashop_checkout_form but it's not displayed, even if I purge the cache.

Any idea ?

What is the best method to automaticaly add a message above checkout pages ?
The best way for me it's to be able to save some messages and to be able to activate/de-activate it when I need.

When I was using the legacy checkout it was working, but using css only with active / unactive classes on <p>...</p> elements, but while I activated the last checkout version, I can't even display my <p> element in the checkout view.
It's a absolute cool option for me but right now it's not anymore working and I don't understand why.

Sincerely, Bruno.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Brunus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
5 years 5 months ago #299778

Hi,

If you want to add messages to the checkout pages, you can add a view of the type "Text" in your checkout workflow.
However, adding your text at the beginning of checkout/show.php should also work to add it at the top.
Make sure that you're doing the override to checkout/show.php for the template you're using on the frontend and not another template or you won't see the change.

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 5 months ago #299828

Hi Nicolas,

Shame on me ! My fault !
I have a protection script monitoring my websites trees.
This script automaticaly destroy all newly created php files in websites trees...
I again forgot to stop the script before creating the custom view !

Sorry for the noise ! :-D

And yes of course it works to add my <p>...</p> on top of show view but I'll follow your advise to create a separate view.

Sincerely, Bruno

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds