Guest Checkout failing to convert to payment pages

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #301725

-- url of the page with the problem -- : backyardfarmer.co.uk/
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message as such, guest checkout just not working.

The guest checkout is failing to move on to the payment gateway, rather just switching off. Customers unable to pay with guest checkout, so I have had to switch this choice off and rely on customers registering. Registration is very clunky and long winded and we are losing customers, and they too are not receiving the system generated emails due to GDPR now blocking some email providers.

I now have registrations only set up in checkout but this is not satisfactory, the majority of my customers pay by Guest checkout. Please can you advise.

It is not possible to cut and paste and error pages as these simply do not show as an error, but the guest checkout just switches out of the checkout process.

Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 4 months ago #301735

Hi,

First, I see that you're using the old checkout system of HikaShop 2. I would recommend turning off the "checkout legacy" setting of the HikaShop configuration in order to use the new checkout. It will make the checkout experience a whole lot better.

Regarding the registration, if you want to smooth it, you could deactivate the user account validation setting of the Joomla user manager options page. That way, the customers would be directly logged in after the registration, without having to click on a validation link.

Regarding the guest checkout, using the new checkout might help. Otherwise, we'll need to be able to reproduce the problem but I can see that the guest checkout is deactivated on your website so I couldn't look at the problem and so I'm not sure what is the problem.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #301779

Hi Nicolas

Thank you for your quick response, we had to turn off the guest checkout as it was confusing customers and it is our busy time of year. I will have another look after Christmas though to try and replicate the issue and let you know so you can try for yourself. Unfortunately when the customer enters their details it then just does not convert but goes back to the home page. No error message.
I will try your suggestion too to deactivate the user account validation if I can find where to do it.

Will keep you updated.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 4 months ago #301800

Hi,

The issue with the guest checkout should at least give a proper message with the new checkout when you turn off the "checkout legacy" setting. It might actually fix the problem altogether.

For the user account validation, that's a setting of the Joomla user manager in its options page:
docs.joomla.org/Help39:Components_Users_Configuration

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #301817

Hi

Sorry if I am being a little dim, I can't see anything relating to checkout legacy in the configuration of the checkout. Can you please point me in the right direction.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 4 months ago #301820

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds