Setting up collection points / shipping addresses

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302355

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.duurzame-kerstbomen.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Our customers can pick up their products at a limited number of collecting points. During order entry customers can choose a specific collection point. We ship the products to these collection points and customers will pick up their product at a particular date. In Hikashop these collection points are set up as Shipping methods, which can be selected during the ordering process.

My question is: is there another way of setting up these collection points in a way that I can customize the order confirmation email for each different collection point? In other words, three different emails for three different collection points?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Hans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 3 months ago #302356

Hi,

Well, even with the shipping method selection, you can do that.
In the email HTML or preload sections you can use such PHP:

if($data->cart->order_shipping_id == XX) {
 echo 'text only displayed for when the shipping method selected is the one with the id XX';
}

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302381

Thank you Nicolas. Although I'm not an experienced PHP coder, I suppose I could figure out a piece of code which can fill different variables depending on the shipping id. E.g. shipping_id 1, then var1="a", var2="b", while if shipping_id=2, then var1="c", var2="d", But given the fact that we want to increase the number of collection points, this would mean quite some coding.
Moreover, and that's what I forgot to mention, each collection point needs to have it's own email adress where the order acknowledgement needs to be sent to.
So I was wondering if Hikashop supports the concept of these pickup offices, so to speak. Thanks again.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 3 months ago #302389

Hi,

Well, anything is possible with coding. And changing the destination email address dynamically is also possible in the email code. However, if you're not a developer, it's better to have one work on all that for you.

Note that with HikaMarket multivendor ( www.hikashop.com/hikamarket-multi-vendor.html ), you could have each collection point as a vendor so that they could receive their own notification automatically. And it's possible to have the customer select his vendor during the checkout.
Now I don't know how you want to customize the email notification to be different per vendor. This might require coding. It could be easy, it could be complex. But at some point if you want different email notifications to be different for different collection point, I don't see how that could be automated since different coding will be necessary for each.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302685

Thank you Nicolas. Sorry I couln't get back to you earlier. I will look into the options of the multi vendor extension.
Kind regards, Hans

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds