Error on changing shipping method / payment method

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #302589

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1

Hi,

I recently updated the webshop to hikashop 4.0.1 (coming from 3.4.0). Now I notice that the checkout proces has an error since the update. If I want to select another shipping method, a 'waiting wheel' starts to turn but it never stops. After reloading the page it will stop and the shipping method will change, but it has to be manually reloaded when changing shipping and/or payment method. I installed a former backup from two weeks ago on a local server to verify if this issue didn't exist before the hikashop update: the backup works perfect.

How can I solve this?

I am also experiencing another issue after the backup: I saw that there is an option now to override the notification emails per order status. I have customized these notification email before but since the update it seems to break things (things like 'username' are not retrieved and the items the client ordered are not shown correctly). This happens after even a very small change to the email notification.

Please advice on how to solve this, the shop needs to run correctly.

Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
5 years 2 months ago #302596

Hi,

1. I suppose that this issue is linked to the improvement: "We avoid the shipping and payment blocks to refresh themselves when the selection is updated." that we added in HikaShop 4.0.0
I suppose that you have an override of the file "show_block_shipping" with an old version of HikaShop and that the JS code there is adding the waiting wheel but know there is nothing to remove the waiting wheel as the shipping view is not refreshed anymore.
So go in the menu Display>Views, search for the show_block_shipping" view file and remove the customization on it with the bin icon and it should help.

2. I would need more precise information regarding the issues with the emails. First, there is no username displayed in the order notification emails by default. So I don't know how you added it or maybe we're not talking about the same thing.
Also, what do you mean by "the items the client ordered are not shown correctly" ? It looks like you imply that they display, but there some glitch on the way they display ? How so ? Could you maybe do a screenshot ?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #302606

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply.

1. ok, that was indeed the case (I can see much much more customisations than I have made...) SO now I removed the customisation for the payment block (had the same problem) and the shipping block. Only thing is that there is one payment method that should only be available for one specific shipping method. That seems to be broken now. Anyway, it is possible now to finish the order, that was the most important thing, but if this could be working again it would be great.

2. I can customise the email template, it will work. but whenever I use the 'per status override' the things like {TXT:HI_CUSTOMER} will result in 'Hello %s' instead of 'Hello John'. I've added a screenshot. The ordered item is also missing, if I don't use the 'per status override' the ordered item will show up correctly.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13036
5 years 2 months ago #302616

Hi,

1. Can you provide more information on that ? Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of the payment method and the corresponding shipping method ?

2. Which "per status override" button do you use ? The HTML one ? The preload one ?
And what do you change in it ? Is just openning the popup and saving without changing anything cause the problem ?
For which notification email did you try that ? The "order status notification" ?
Is that screenshot from your email inbox ? Or from the "preview" button of the email edition interface ? Or something else ?

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds