Showing a non-default currency & payment method for one product only

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 2 months ago #303077

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 12.0.2 and Firefox 64.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : not an error issue, just a question

We have a default currency of AUD currency, which is perfect for most of our products, as we want the checkout for most of our products to be in AUD only.

However on occasion, I want to have a product that can only be paid by USD bank wire transfer, so I want the product price for this product only to be listed in USD currency, and the checkout process & invoice to show & be only in the USD amount, not show the AUD currency equivalent.

I have enabled the USD in the currency page to be both Displayed and Published. And I have set up the product under my Events category, for the product labeled: Family of Light Training - USD Payment via Wire Transfer, with a product price of $1500 USD.

My questions are:
1. How can I get the product price to be listed only in USD currency for this product alone, and the checkout process & invoice to be in USD for this product alone?

2. How can I enable Payment Method of Bank Transfer so its only available for this product, and not on other products. And I do not want my other payment methods (Paypal and EWAY) which show up for my other products, to be listed as a payment option for this product. I only want the Bank Transfer payment method to show up for this product.

Right now, I see both the AUD and USD for this product, but I only want to see and checkout with the USD.
Also right now, I see the payment methods of Paypal and EWAY for this product, but I don't see the payment method for Bank Transfer. I only want to see the payment method of Bank Transfer for this particular product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 1 month ago #303101

Hi,

So what happens when someone has both that product and another product in the same cart ?
There is no system to set the current currency based on the products in the cart. So if you want to do that that would requirement some development to force the currency on the checkout in that case.
Once you have that, it will be easy to restrict the payment methods based on the currency with the currency restriction setting in the options page of your payment methods in the menu System>Payment methods.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds