How do I make a product unavailable if from a particular country

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303196

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 61.0.2

How do I make a product unavailable if from a particular country? I have a product with 4 variants. 2 of those variants are not available for anyone out of the USA or Canada. How do I arrange that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 2 months ago #303218

Hi,

You need to duplicate your shipping methods one set for USA/Canada and one set for the rest of the world.
To do that, you'll want to create a shipping zone with all the other countries as subzones via the System>Zones menu so that you can then select that zone in the shipping methods set for the rest of the world.
In all your shipping methods you want to activate the price per product setting.
Then, in each product/variant, you'll find a "shipping prices" area where you can select the shipping methods and use the "block" checkbox to block that shipping method on the checkout when that product/variant is in the cart.
That way, you can block the rest of the world shipping mehtods in the products you do'nt want to ship outside of the USA/Canada. And the USA/Canada shipping methods will only display on the checkout if the shipping address of the customer is in these countries thanks to the "zone" restriction of the shipping methods.
That way, for someone in the rest of the world trying to purchase these products/variants, they will get an error message telling them that it is not possible.
You can read more about all that here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ng-manual-price.html

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303247

Thank you for you prompt reply and explanation. I have created an "overseas" zone. I created a shipping method with the overseas zone selected.
The shipping method option does not appear on the variant interface. It is listed on the main product interface, but how can I apply it to only certain variants?

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 2 months ago #303249

Hi,

I don't see how that's possible. There was indeed that limitation in old versions of the shipping price per product system. But this has been added a while back. So if you really have the 4.0.1 you should also have the shipping prices area when editing variants as long as you have at least one shipping method with the price per product setting activated.
Could you please double check ?
If you really have that, then that would mean that the update system wasn't able to update the plugins/hikashop/shippingmanual_prices/ files. Please check the files in that folder via FTP. At the top of the PHP files, you will find the header with the version number. It should be the same as your version of HikaShop.
If not, fix the permissions on these files / folders so that the joomla installer can write them, run the HikaShop install package via the Joomla installer and it will then update these files.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303292

I was so hoping that was the issue, but I am actually using version 4.0.2 because I just reinstalled the component. All the permissions are at 0644 and the version on all the files in the hikashop plugin is 4.0.2. My price per product is set to yes. Still, no variant shows the shipping, only the product page.
Any other suggestions?

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 2 months ago #303296

Hello,

In that case can you send us a temporary back-end access using our contact form so that we can directly check it (please don't forget to specify a link to that thread in your message) :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303343

Ok, I sent it.

5 years 2 months ago #303338

Hello,

I wasn't able to reproduce your issue even with the same configuration on our end, so can you also send us a temporary FTP access through our contact form so that we can properly test and debug it ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 2 months ago #303491

Hello,

We've just added a fix regarding that issue through the last Hikashop version, can you download it through our website, install it and test it again ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303494

Thank you, I now see the shipping methods on the variant interface.
I'm not sure it is working properly to block the purchase. The first time I tried to make a purchase with just the product that should be blocked. It would not progress to the paypal page, but neither did it give an error message. So my first question is how do I add a message explaining that the product can not be purchased out of the USA and Canada?
Then I tried to make a purchase of the blocked product and a non-blocked product. It proceeded to the paypal page, but it was for the total amount, including the blocked product.
Then I deleted the non-blocked product and tried again with just the blocked product, and this time it went through to the paypal page.

Can you help me troubleshoot these issues?

5 years 2 months ago #303520

Hello,

So my first question is how do I add a message explaining that the product can not be purchased out of the USA and Canada?

The solution will either be to :
- Add a message through your product description saying that this product can only be purchased for USA or Canadian shipping addresses.
- Make sure that no shipping method will be available if the shipping address isn't valid so that it can display the "No shipping method found" error message

Then I tried to make a purchase of the blocked product and a non-blocked product. It proceeded to the paypal page, but it was for the total amount, including the blocked product.
Then I deleted the non-blocked product and tried again with just the blocked product, and this time it went through to the paypal page.

If it still proceed to the PayPal page, then it means that :
- Your products or their variants don't have any weight/dimensions which means that no shipping will be required for these products

Or/And

- You don't have any "Shipping" step through your checkout workflow that you can configure via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds