Shipping not charged on order

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 1 month ago #303953

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : iPhone - IOS 12

We have flat rate shipping via UPS Ground on our products, so there is no choice to be made in shipping method. My first order came in, and the UPS Ground shipping is selected, but the shipping was not charged. I cannot replicate this and need to find out how shipping cost could be bypassed. The user used an iPhone with IOS 12, but I've tested multiple platforms and browsers, both logged in and as guest, and the shipping is always in place and charged. I also never saw this issue during our build. How is it possible for the user to bypass the shipping charge, and how do I fix that? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 1 month ago #303969

Hello,

The only explanation should be that your customer have added a product without weight / dimension in his cart.
It will also depends on how you configured your checkout workflow via "Hikashop -> System -> Configuration -> Checkout".

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 1 month ago #303979

Thanks for your reply. The product weight and dimensions should be irrelevant since we charge a flat rate for shipping on each item, but they are actually present on the item in question. In all of my tests, if I add the same item to my cart and go through checkout, the shipping is added properly. I do not see anything in the Checkout configuration that would allow a user to override. I did make one change while I was in there. Previously, there was one shipping method listed with a checked radio button. I've changed it to read only. However, a single radio button cannot be unchecked, so there is still no explanation of how shipping could be removed from a transaction.

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by puckinwebguy.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 1 month ago #303983

Hello,

Without more information about your user order we won't be able to understand your issue, can you show us some screenshots of :
- Your user order details via "Hikashop -> Orders"
- The configuration page of products that were in your user cart
- How you configured your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds