User email check prevents guest checkout when used with JEvents RSVP Pro

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304439

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.lesliecanham.com/component/jevents/i...a-webinar?Itemid=425
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : .9.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Quantum 65.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Warning
Email address already used for a user account. Please login or use another email address.
Please click here if you want to reset your password in order to login.

I am using Hikashop Business with JEvents RSVP Pro to provide event registration for my client. My client does not want her customers to have to register with the site in order to pay for their webinars. I am using email plus 2 custom fields in the RSVP Pro portion of the checkout process, but Hikashop is preventing guest checkout, complaining that the email address exists in the Joomla database, and insisting that customers log in to pay, which completely defeats the purpose of GUEST checkout. My client has many repeat customers, so this issue of Hikashop insisting that customers log in is a showstopper for us.

Is there any way to disable this inquiry as to whether an email address has been previously used? TonyP over at JEvents suggested that I ask "Nicholas" whether this is possible. These two men have worked together on the integration of JEvents and Hikashop, so Nicholas probably knows the answer.

Please help, we need to market these webinars ASAP.

Thank you!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 1 month ago #304443

Hi,

This is not linked to JEvents or the integration between HikaShop and JEvents.
In the checkout, you can either:
- login with an existing Joomla account
- register a new account
- guest checkout with an email address which wasn't previously used to create a user account
There is no option or easy code modification to allow users to guest checkout with an email address already used for a user account. If we were to allow that, that would mean that by only knowing the email address of someone, you would be able to get the previous addresses they had used on the checkout due to the way the user handling is done.
To avoid that, it would require some complex modifications to allow customers to have both a guest account and a normal account with the same email address which would cause problems with some other functions of the checkout.

Now please note that this doesn't mean that you can't checkout as a guest several times on your website with the same email address. It just means that once you create a user account for an email address, you need to login with that email address instead of guest checkout.

If you don't want users to have user accounts so that they can always guest checkout, you can delete their user account in the Joomla user manager and they'll be able to guest checkout with their email address again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds