View cart without login

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 1 month ago #304612

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All

Hi,

I would like to be able to view the cart without logging in. I would like the login/Registration process to start when I start the Checkout process.
Is this possible?

Regards,
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 1 month ago #304614

Hi,

Sure, there are many ways to view your cart.
1. You can configure the HikaShop cart module via the Joomla modules manager in order to display the cart anywhere on your website.
2. You can create a menu item of the type "HikaShop cart page" via the Joomla menu manager so that customers can click on that menu to access their cart details.
3. You can use the view cart in your checkout workflow. If the cart view is on its own in the first step of your checkout, you can use this as a "cart page" before accessing the real checkout with the following step. A lot of online shops do that.

5 years 1 month ago #304646

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your help with this.
I have attached a screenshot of my workflow page. Do I simply click the Up arrow for the Cart element? Or do I need to move any of the other elements with it?

Regards,
Colin.

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #304647

Hi,

Yes, you click the up arrow of the cart view to move it to the first step, and then you can click on the down arrow of the login step if you want to move it to the second step.
You don't have to move other views. You can if you want. It depends on what you want to have on each step of your checkout. So it's up to you :)

5 years 1 month ago #304691

Thanks Nicolas,

I have moved the Cart to step 1 and the Address and Fields to step 2. I can see the cart now, but when I click "Next" I just get a blank page.

I have attached a screen-shot to show the type of content I would like to display on the page after the Cart view. Do you think this would be

possible?

Regards,
Colin.

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #304692

Hi,

You now have the cart view on the first step, the address view on the second step and the login view on the third step.
You need to have the login view before or together with the address view. The address selection/edition interface can only display something once you're registered/logged in.
You could reach something similar to your screenshot feature-wise if you configure your checkout workflow accordingly.
Now, if you want exactly the same, that would require a designer to spend 2/3 days on CSS/HTML customization of the views of the checkout.
So yes, it's possible.

5 years 1 month ago #304733

Thanks again.

I would like to set it up without user registration. I have set it to "Guest" and configured the workflow as per the attachment, but nothing shows apart from the Cart? When I click "Next" to tab switches to "Address", but there is nothing there?

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #304753

Hi,

I've managed to make some progress.
My cart now shows first and the flow seems to be OK. However, the first view (the cart) shows:
Subtotal £213.64
Shipping £30.00
ITBMS £106.82
Total £350.46

I don't want to add any tax and I don't want the shipping cost showing until it has been calculated by the address details.
Can you let me know how to change this.

Thanks.

5 years 1 month ago #304757

Hi,

When the cart is loaded in memory, HikaShop loads for all the available shipping methods and preselect automatically the first one available.
So if you don't want to get a shipping method preselected before you enter your address, you need to make it so that no shipping method is available before. And it's the same with the taxes.
Before you enter your address, HikaShop temporarily assigns you to the "main tax zone" you set in the HikaShop configuration.
So, say that you have shipping mehtods for the USA and EU only and taxes for the EU only (using the "zone" setting of your shipping methods/taxes). If you set your main tax zone to a country outside the EU and not the USA, then no shipping method nor taxes will be added to your cart until you enter your address.
Note that when you changes the main tax zone, you want to clear the cookies of your browser to reset user session so that the zone can be set in the session again the first time it is needed.

5 years 1 month ago #304774

RESULT!

Perfect, thanks very much. Initially the tax still showed so I simply unpublished the default tax category.
Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
Colin.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds