Ecommerce data - Google Analytics

• Thank you received: 4
5 years 3 weeks ago #305277

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 73.0.3683.86

Hi there,

I just wanted to check that I have Hikashop correctly set up to be sending ecommerce data over to Google Analytics.

- Please find attached a screen shot of how the current Hikashop plugins are set up. I've also attached a screen shot of what our acquisition overview looks like, the only traffic that's being registered is (other). When looking at the source/medium, we only seem to be registering (not set) / (not set).

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 3 weeks ago #305278

Hi,

Could you try to update to HikaShop 4.0.3.
We added some fixes regarding the source/medium in HikaShop 4.0.3
If you still have the issue with new orders with HikaShop 4.0.3
Please edit an order in the hikashop_order table via your phpmyadmin and provide what you have in the column order_payment_params so that we can better understand the situation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #305394

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply, I have updated Hikashop to 4.0.3. shall leave it a couple of days to see if any data begins flowing, if not I shall get back to you with more information. Thank you for your help.

5 years 2 weeks ago #305645

Hi there Nicolas,

I've left the GA account for a short while after updating to Hikashop 4.0.3, I've attached a screen shot of what the Acquisition overview currently looks like, I've set the time period from the 09/03/19 to the 09/04/19. I think we may still be having problems with order being placed through the 4.0.3 version?

- I've taken a look at phpmyadmin and the order_payment_params are currently all blank.

Thanks once again for your help.

Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #306144

Hi Guys

It has been some time and I really could do with a hand with this. I don't mind if this is something that you will charge me for but I really need some help with it.

Cheers

4 years 11 months ago #306168

Hi,

The issue on your checkout is that when you have a form on the form, there is a javascript error with the validate.js system of Joomla:
monosnap.com/file/PLMZezrJYnPzqbAo0N9KBlwNDI1kEL
Because of that, the javascript we added to get the source/campaign from GA is not run and thus the information is missing in the order params when the order is created.

Change the code:

$viewObj->extra_data['analytics_ga'] = '
<input type="hidden" id="hikashop_checkout_analytics_field_ga" name="checkout[analytics][ga]" value=""/>
to:
$value = '';
		$formData = hikaInput::get()->get('checkout', array(), 'array');
		if(!empty($formData) && !empty($formData['analytics']) && !empty($formData['analytics']['ga']))
			$value = $viewObj->escape($formData['analytics']['ga']);

$viewObj->extra_data['analytics_ga'] = '
<input type="hidden" id="hikashop_checkout_analytics_field_ga" name="checkout[analytics][ga]" value="'.$value.'"/>
in the file plugins/system/hikashopanalytics/hikashopanalytics.php and that will allow the system to retain the data from previous pages where there is no javascript error.
Doing that, you should then have the information stored in order_params in the order and it should then show properly in GA.
Let us know how it goes.

4 years 11 months ago #306192

Hi Nicolas

Thank you for that, afraid no joy as such. Everything is still listed as (not set) for the source in GA.

Cheeers

4 years 11 months ago #306194

Hi,

And do you have something in the "order_payment_params " of the order ?
What do you have there ?

4 years 11 months ago #306211

Hi

That is blank in the MYSQL database - table hikashop_order

Is that where you meant?

Cheers

4 years 11 months ago #306218

Hi,

Indeed.

I don't see why it would stay blank. As if the modification was not made in the plugin. Could you provide a FTP access via our contact form along with a link to this thread so that we can have a closer look into it ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

4 years 11 months ago #306229

Hi,

I found the issue with the way we implemented the previous patch and corrected it. Now, you should have the order_payment_params filled with the GA data. Please try again.

4 years 11 months ago #306236

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for that, it now has the following in the params field.

O:8:"stdClass":1:{s:12:"analytics_ga";s:41:"{"uuid":"590914374.1556741110","ul":"en"}";}

I am not sure if this is what you wanted / expected. In Google Analytics it still says "Not / Set" for the source..

Can you advise / help?

Extra extra thanks
Iain

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 11 months ago #306237

Hello,

It means that the customer tracker had a UUID and its language was English.
But that customer did not come in the website via a campaign.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 years 11 months ago #306246

Hi Jerome

Thanks for that, I placed the order and it was using google and a search term to bring up my website. How do I go about adding this info the order params?

Cheers

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 11 months ago #306248

Hello,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.

All I can tell you is that the HikaShop GA plugin is reading various fields from the tracker, including the "Campaign Name".
CF : developers.google.com/analytics/devguide...ference#campaignName

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 years 11 months ago #306327

Hi Jerome

My main issue is that the GA isn't tracking where people have come from, Google, A forum, Paid ad campaign etc. I placed that order and went through organic google search however it doesn't then show that when I checkout in the GA.

Cheers

4 years 11 months ago #306330

Hi,

The GA plugin in HikaShop will ask GA about the campaign, source etc and will provide it to GA through the order_payment_params.
Since the campaign/source doesn't appear in the order_payment_params, it means that the GA tracker didn't provide it to the GA plugin.
So you need to make sure that the GA javascript file is properly loaded on all the pages of the website so that it can track the customers from the moment they arrive on the website with the extra GA parameters in the URL until the checkout where the GA plugin in HikaShop will ask the GA tracker the information.

4 years 11 months ago #306581

Hello Nicolas

Thanks, I have tried to find any issues with the information coming from Google and I can't. It appears to list all of the visitors information correctly, the only time it doesn't is when the customer makes a purchase and then it is only with where they came from to find my site. It tracks the value, ID etc but just not how they got to my site.

Any thoughts?
Cheers

4 years 11 months ago #306631

Hi,

Can you confirm that they have the utm parameters ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTM_parameters ) in the URL when they arrive on your website ? GA bases itself on these parameters to know where the users come from and then passes them to HikaShop which stores them in the order_payment_params to include them when notifying GA of the order.

4 years 6 months ago #311419

Hello

Yes I can confirm that the UTm parameters are there, I have tested with a custom URL and tracked my shop all the way to the confirmation page where GA says that it can see my source / medium and there isn't a problem there. What I struggle to understand is why GA isn't able to join up the sale (transaction amount) and the source / medium. It manages to log the sale but it isn't receiving the source / medium.

Thanks
Iain

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds