QTY on Customer Order Page

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 3 weeks ago #305353

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome (Latest)

Hey Hikashop!
I hope you are doing well today...

I am using Hikashop Starter as Quote system.
After the client Ads to Quote, the message :
Thank you for your Quote Request
You can now access your order here.

When I click on here I obviously go to the Order Page...
This is where the Problem comes in - The QTY is not displaying.
I don't want the Prices to show, because this is only a Quoting system - so I have the CSS set to display : none
I do however want the QTY to display
Could you please tell me if I have done something wrong and why the QTY is not displaying?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 3 weeks ago #305358

Hi,

I suppose that the CSS you're using also hides the quantity area.
Without looking at the page directly it will be hard to say exactly what change to do.
We would need a test user account and a link to an order of that user account to be able to access that page and analyze the CSS.
The link you provided in your first message requires a user account access that we don't have.

5 years 3 weeks ago #305368

Hi Nicolas,

I sent you the details in a Private message

5 years 3 weeks ago #305377

Hi,

That was indeed what I suspected:
monosnap.com/file/k72Ucvxc7C4HYyADHukXNxIwce6Hw9
The quantity is there but your custom CSS hides it.
If you look at the CSS there, you can see that the display:none you've added is for both hikashop_order_item_price_value and hikashop_order_item_quantity_value but you want it only for hikashop_order_item_price_value.
Change that and it will work properly.

PS: Please use our contact form next time to provide private information along with a link to the subject for which the information is:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
I might go away for a few days and not able to look at the support and other people on our team wouldn't be able to see your message or link it with your thread.

5 years 3 weeks ago #305423

Hi Nicolas,

Apologies, next time I will use the Contact form to submit the details.

That worked, thank you very much.

Lastly on that same Page I need to Hide the Subtotal text & Billing Adress.

I found this in the CSS by inspecting it : hikashop_order_subtotal_title key - But I can't find this in the CSS Custom or Front end Files.

Could you please point me in the right direction to Hide Subtotal text & Billing Adress?

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Uriel.

5 years 3 weeks ago #305444

Hi,

You're on the right track. You just need to know that when we don't need to add any CSS to an area by default in HikaShop, we don't add any CSS code for it. Still we add the necessary classes/ids so that if you need to style the area, you can add your own CSS.
So just add the CSS code below:
.hikashop_order_subtotal_title { display:none;} to the CSS of HikaShop and that will hide that area. You can for example add it at the end of the file.

Personally, when I need to customize the CSS of something, rather that directly modifying the CSS code already there, I prefer to add my CSS at the end and override what the default CSS already does. That way, when I need to update to a newer version, I can easily get all my custom CSS and add it at the end of the new default CSS and it should work pretty much off the bat, without spending hours finding what I changed where in the old default CSS.
Now we still allow you to directly modify the default CSS as it's easier for most people but if you can do like I said, it will be better for you in the long run, and not only for HikaShop but anything where you need to add/change CSS code.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Uriel

5 years 3 weeks ago #305449

Thank you Nicolas I really appreciate your help..

So just to get clarity - If I upgrade Hikashop - All my CSS will be gone?
This will be a major problem because this site will be Live soon....

I have sadly already edited the CSS all over the file so I am not sure how to go back and do as you suggested (at the end of each file)
Is there a way I could get the Standard CSS and start again? - I do like your suggestion - Thank you :)

5 years 3 weeks ago #305450

Hi,

If you edit your frontend CSS via the interface in the backend of HikaShop, you won't loose your changes when you update HikaShop as they are stored in a CSS override file.
However, that also means that you won't get the new CSS we add to HikaShop in future versions of that CSS file. So it will still be good to add your CSS at the end of the file so that when you want to get the new CSS we've added (for new features, or big updates of HikaShop) you can easily move your CSS code to the new version of the default CSS.
If you get the CSS settings of the HikaShop configuration, you can see that the CSS you modified is now listed as "custom". If you select "default" instead in the option and save the configuration, it will use again the default CSS of HikaShop so you can then start again from there.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Uriel

5 years 3 weeks ago #305493

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for all the help
I am still battling to hide the :
Billing address
Telephone:

I tried adding CSS as you described but I am not sure what to add?

I so far tried :
#hikashop_order_main_adminForm_fieldset_billing and another one but this didn't work at all

Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Uriel.

5 years 3 weeks ago #305495

Hi,

If you look at that area, you can see that there is the class htmlfieldset_billing.
So you can add such CSS:
.htmlfieldset_billing{ display:none; }
and that should do.

5 years 2 weeks ago #305699

nicolas wrote: Hi,

If you look at that area, you can see that there is the class htmlfieldset_billing.
So you can add such CSS:
.htmlfieldset_billing{ display:none; }
and that should do.

#htmlfieldset_billing{ display:none; } instead of ( . ) - Worked!
Thank you Nocolas

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds