My custom Items stopped displaying on the shopping cart pages

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 weeks ago #305471

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.veggievore.com/advice/half-hour-cust...oaching-consultation
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I had a checkbox that was required to be checked before purchasing a custom consult stating that the terms were agreed upon. I am not sure why but the checkbox is now missing. Also, now there is a floating text that appears at the top right of the browser when a person clicks on the Add to Cart button.

I would prefer that text be loaded directly below the Add to cart button.

www.veggievore.com/advice/half-hour-cust...oaching-consultation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 1 week ago #305484

Hi,

1. I would recommend to go in the menu Display>Custom fields and check the settings of the custom field and make sure they are correct. The display setting for the product page might be turned off or something like that.
Also, check if you have view overrides in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ via FTP. If you do, try renaming the files and see if that helps.

2. The notification box location can be changed. You can do that in the settings of the HikaShop cart notification plugin via the Joomla plugins manager. There, you'll have to possibility to have the box appear next to the add to cart button.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306315

Thank you Nicholas,

I am sorry I took over a month to respond. In the meantime I did leave my site broken which is causing us to not sell any of the custom consults.

The second point you made was very helpful and I have moved the notification to just below the Add to Cart button.

Thank you for that.

The first part is still stumping me. I have two custom fields both of which are items, and one if which is NOT displaying. It was displaying before. Unfortunately I made the one that is NOT displaying as mandatory to ensure people have agreed to the terms of service.

Here are the two:

One Item has the label name of "Food Coaching Terms" and is displaying.

The other item has the label name of "I Accept"

It has a column name of "agreementapprovalcheckbox"

It belongs to my category "Advice" and includes subcategories.

It is limited to Food Coaching Terms.

I have added it to two products since there are only two products in this category.

When I am editing the options for the Custom Field Item it all looks like everything should be working in the Main Attributes box I can see the text that we want to have displayed is showing there under the label of "Default value".

In the Display section I have said "Yes" to every option except for Back-end Listing.

In the Display : Cart area I selected Yes to everything. That was all set to No previously and it used to display. But, I believe I was not using your css styling then.

In the values box I have a value field of "agreementapproval"

The title of that field is "I Have Read And Agree to the Food Coaching Terms. <br /><B>(After accepting please scroll to the top of the page and click the 'Add to cart' button)</B>"

In the Preview field I see it looking as I expect with the words "I Accept" to the left and a checkbox and text on the right.

I did look in the "in the folder templates/rasa2/html/com_hikashop/product/" folder and found a file there named "show_default.php" which I am assuming is one of your files. I did rename it to a different name and the layout of the pages did change. However the checkbox did not become visible.

BTW, once I figure out how to get that checkbox to display, I would love to have the accept checkbox appear just below the Add to Cart button!

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by scarney.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 11 months ago #306320

Hi,

It would be better if you could provide screenshots of the settings of the custom field. It's much easier to check all the settings for us and much faster than writing all that for you.
Note that you should either select categories or products in your custom field, not both. It seems that it's not the case based on what you wrote. That might be why you have the problem.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306344

I have attached screenshots of the item that is not displaying.

I also changed the items to only use Category and not Category and Products. But, that did not quite do it for me.

Sean

PS. Once we can get the checkbox item showing again then I would like to ask you how I might move it directly below my Add to Cart button.

PSS. I just was poking around other settings and I am wondering if this problem might be caused by the Use boostrap design setting under legacy settings? I tried to do an experiment to turn the setting from Yes to No but it is giving me an error message that I do not have permissions. This could be because it is on a PCI compliant server.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by scarney.

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 11 months ago #306354

Hello,

So far we don't see any issue with your settings, but we will need more elements like :
- Screenshot of your other Custom Fields ("Food Coaching Terms") that is linked to your Custom Field ("I Accept")
- An Url link to see by ourself your frontend

Awaiting news from you.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney

• Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306381

I have attached a picture of the settings for the Food Coaching Terms which are displaying properly.

Here are the two urls:

www.veggievore.com/advice/one-hour-custom-coaching-consultation

www.veggievore.com/advice/half-hour-cust...oaching-consultation

Thank you for looking at it.

Sean

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 11 months ago #306399

Hello,

Now I see the point, you have create an association via the "Display limited to" option to another custom field that just display a text.
The "display limited to" expecting that the custom field have been setted or valided by user, or in your specific case there is nothing to set (for a custom text type)

From this 2 cases and 2 solutions :
=> You only want to associated display if the first is displayed, then "display limited to" isn't the good option, it will be better to use Categories restriction (so maybe you have to remove "product category" and only keep "advice"

=> You want a check, like be sure that your customer have read and valid your text, then maybe you have to set your first custom field as a type text, and not a customtext.

Hope this is more clear, and will help you to move forward on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306412

The problem was the Display Limited to setting. Thank you for pointing that out to me. It is displaying now.

Sean

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds