Can You Disable Created Order Status?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 week ago #305830

Hi there, I would like to know if it's possible to disable the order status of created? I don't want orders to get added to our system at all until payment has been made?

I've tried un-publishing the order status created, but this just makes orders go straight to status "Completed" instead.

I appreciate any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 1 week ago #305836

Hi,

It depends on your payment method. If you use a payment method were the payment happens during the checkout on your website, then HikaShop will attempt the payment transaction just before it creates the order so that the order will either not be created if the payment doesn't pass, or it will be directly created with the confirmed status if the payment succeed.
Several payment plugins work like that. For example, PayPal Pro or Authorize.net in AIM mode are both such payment plugins.
Otherwise, if the payment happens after the user is redirected to the payment gateway, the order needs to be created before the user is redirected to the payment gateway for the payment. Otherwise, while the user is on the payment gateway pages, it could change his cart on your website and the payment wouldn't necessarily match with the cart and the system wouldn't know what to do.
Most shopping systems work like that actually to avoid this situation.

The following user(s) said Thank You: workspace

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 week ago #305856

First, thank you for taking the time to provide a detail reply. You've certainly made this situation more clear.

To provide some context, we're using Stripe as our payment gateway. Upon completing the checkout process they aren't exactly redirect to another website but it does redirect to another page on our website with the credit card input.

Is there any steps we can take to achieve the desired result of orders only entering the system once the Stripe payment has gone through? I can just see an inconvenience for customers who get to the payment and change their mind, filling up our orders section with un-completed orders.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 1 week ago #305865

Hi,

While its true that users are not redirected to the payment gateway with the Stripe plugin, the credit card form is placed after the end of the checkout and posts its data to Stripe so it actually works like a redirection payment plugin while the user still see your website template.
I'm not sure if it would be possible to make a Stripe payment plugin to be directly in the checkout (due to the way the Stripe API works) but supposing that it would be possible, it would require a complete rewrite of the current Stripe plugin.
Note that even if you get created orders, you could just ignore them and handle confirmed orders. And for the customer it wouldn't change much. The checkout would basically be the same, just the credit card form would be before the finish button instead of after. If you're worried about the customers seeing created orders on their frontend orders listing, you could always configure a mass action to remove created orders after a while.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds