Checkout update

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 5 days ago #305937

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 73.0.3683.103

Hi!

I offer only 3 products (A, B, C) on my site, and you can purchase only one product at a time. So I set "1" as "Maximum numbers of items for the cart" and enabled "Add to cart legacy" and set it to go directly to checkout after add a product to the cart . But I find one problem.

if you add a product (A), then leave checkout page (without canceling purchase) and add any different product (product B ), checkout page does not update: you still see product A on checkout. If costumer doesn´t see it, he finally purchase something he doesn´t want,

How can I solve this?

Kind regards!

Last edit: 5 years 4 days ago by Enigmma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 4 days ago #305948

Hi,

I don't think it's a good way to go about it.
I would recommend to turn off the legacy settings and instead create a new limit via the menu Products>Limits and configure it on the cart with a value of 1 on the quantity and it will prevent customers from have carts with more than 1 product.

5 years 2 days ago #305983

Hi Nicolas,
Ok but, if so, you don´t go directly to checkout after clicking on purchase button... and that´s one of the things I need on my site. How can we update cart / checkout when you have one product in the cart (maximum number) and select a new one?
Thank you!

Last edit: 5 years 2 days ago by Enigmma.

5 years 2 days ago #305985

Hi,

With the new checkout, you can configure whether the customer is redirected to the checkout or not after the add to cart in the settings of the HikaShop cart notification plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.

5 years 1 day ago #306013

Well, I did it just like you say, Nicolas. Now legacy mode is disabled. I set the limit on Products > Limits. I use Cart notification plugin to redirect customer to checkout after add to cart one product. And everything has gone wrong.
If you visit my site, and the page where I offer my 3 products, you´ll see that there are 3 "Reservar" buttons: 1 blue and 2 white. And I can´t even suppose why: code, HTML and CSS are just the same in every case.
Ah, and now, when I go to checkout and try to pay using Paypal, I found an error message on Paypal site: "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, contact the seller".
I'm starting to feel quite frustrated, I only want a very, very simple online shop to work: 3 products, only purchase 1 product at a time, go directly to checkout after add the product to the cart... Nothing more. No shipping rules, no different tax rules, no variations over any product, no registration needed to buy, no... nothing. And I´m not capable to make it work properly. It's very frustrating for me and I'm getting very tired.

Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by Enigmma.

5 years 1 day ago #306020

Hi,

1. The fact that the add to cart buttons don't look the same comes from your template CSS which is not correct.
It has the code:

div.hikashop_inserted_product_1 a {
    padding: 15px;
    font-weight: bold;
    vertical-align: middle;
    text-align: center;
    cursor: pointer;
    border: 1px solid transparent;
    border-radius: 3px;
    color: #ffffff !important;
    background-color: #2071bc !important;
    font-size: 13px !important;
    line-height: 22px !important;
}
in the file /templates/rt_iridescent/css/rt_iridescent-custom.css but the class hikashop_inserted_product_1 is only for the first product (hence the 1 in the class name).
I would recommend to remove that CSS code if you don't want the blue buttons or change div.hikashop_inserted_product_1 a to .hikacart if you want the blue button for all the add to cart buttons.

2. That PayPal error is common. It means that there was already a previous payment with the same order ID placed with that PayPal account.
It can happen if you were doing test orders and then you deleted the orders and reset the order ID count to 0.
Or it can happen if you were previously using another ecommerce solution with that same PayPal account.
What you can do is change the order ID in HikaShop to start at 10000 for example instead of 0.
We actually have a documentation on that here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...l-error.html#already

As you can see, both issues are not from HikaShop nor from the solution I gave you before but from other elements of your shop. You would have had the same issues with another ecommerce solution.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Enigmma

5 years 20 hours ago #306024

Thank you. You are right. This is getting hard to me sometimes... I appreciate your help! Kind regards.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds