How Can Customers Pay For Un-Paid Orders?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 5 days ago #305940

How do customers get to pay for orders they've created but haven't completed? I've created a "My Orders" page that lets customers see their orders including the unpaid ones, yet when I click on an un-paid order there is no option to complete payment.

What do I need to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 4 days ago #305951

Hi,

There are two things:
1. You need to turn on the setting "Payment of orders not paid immediately" so that customers are authorized to pay for unpaid orders after the checkout.
2. You need to go in the menu System>Order statuses and activate under the "unpaid" column the order statuses for which you want customers to be able to pay their orders.

5 years 3 days ago #305965

"Payment of orders not paid immediately" is only available in the paid version of HikaShop...

If an order can be created, and can remain in a customers account without payment, then the ability for customers to pay for that order should be available in the free version...

5 years 3 days ago #305968

Hi,

When users create their orders, they do so through the checkout, which offers them the possibility to pay at the end.
This option is only useful if they don't complete their payment directly after the checkout, or if you create the order for them from the backend. On the majority of ecommerce websites customers normally pay during the checkout process so that option wouldn't change anything. So we considered that feature as non-critical for most shops and made it a commercial feature.
Unfortunately, we need to pay our bills and can't provide everything for free.

5 years 3 days ago #305979

Hi Nicolas, as a content creator myself, I completely understand that you need to pay your bills. And you absolutely have every right to charge for the hard work you've put into making this wonderful extension.

However, I feel this is somewhat of a problem as we have no way to disable the order being created without payment. Customers could very well get through the checkout and then realise there's an issue with their card and close the site, only to log back in, find their un-paid order in their account and have no way to pay for it.

We as the site owners are going to end up with customers contacting us asking us to remove un-completed orders, or asking us where do they go to pay for it? With nothing for us to do, unless we upgrade to a paid version of HikaShop.

5 years 2 days ago #305982

Hi,

The order being created before or after the payment depends on the payment gateway you're using. If you use PayPal Pro or Authorize.net in AIM mode (or any other payment plugin with the credit card form directly in the HikaShop checkout like these two), the payment happens at the end of the checkout, just before the order is created and if the payment fails, the order is not created.
So that could be a solution but it requires that your payment gateway and the assotiated payment plugin supports that.

I'm afraid that's the current situation. We'll take your input for future consideration but for now, I don't have any other solution that this or upgrading if that's an issue for your shop.

5 years 2 days ago #305990

Is there a way to make stripe payment happen in the HikaShop checkout? As that would resolve the problem.

Currently after clicking Finish it goes to the next page with the Stripe credit card form.

5 years 2 days ago #305994

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, Obsidev, our partner who is selling his Stripe payment plugin on our website's marketplace has a beta version of his Stripe plugin modified to have the credit card form during the checkout:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/133...nect-by-obsidev.html
I would recommend contacting him about it at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds