Shipping Cost Added to Cart Before Being Selected

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 10 months ago #307006

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.silverconnection.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.3

The cost for my first shipping method is added to the cart before the customer has an opportunity to select shipping. This gives a false impression on the cost of the item that is in the cart. You will see in the step1 screenshot that the checkout is on the first step (cart), which is before the shipping options. Is it possible to not have a shipping cost added to the cart total until after the customer actually selects a shipping option?

Another item I need to correct is that on the screenshots of step1, step4 and step5 during the checkout process, there is no text in the form to indicate the cost ($4.50) is actually for shipping. The customer might assume it's shipping, but I would like to know how to add text, or label, to actually indicate this.

Thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by dlaughter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 10 months ago #307026

Hello,

Is it possible to not have a shipping cost added to the cart total until after the customer actually selects a shipping option?

The shipping method will always be automatically set to the first available shipping service so a solution can be to set the "cart" and "shipping" actions on the same step through your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".

The customer might assume it's shipping, but I would like to know how to add text, or label, to actually indicate this.

Your issue is coming from that CSS code:
.hikashop_cart_title {
   color: #fff;
}

When you disable it, you can see the "hidden" text on your cart, so the solution will be to change the color of your cart text using some CSS code :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...the-display.html#css

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dlaughter

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 10 months ago #307074

Aha, the old white text on white background gag. Arrgh, I fall for that every time. :) I was sure I had seen the text before. Okay thanks very much Mohamed, that will take care of both of those issues. And thanks for the customize display tutorial.

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by dlaughter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds