Checkout fails with no errors at all, but Legacy checkout works

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #307921

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None at all. That's the problem.

This is a development site which is relying upon multiple Warehouse definitions assigned to products so that basic shipping ($2 per item) can be overridden by manufacturer provided Drop-Ship services being offered (mostly free shipping on those items, one of them for $75 per). These products have been assigned a warehouse location named after the brand, while all other products are from a warehouse named Local, which represents two local locations.

Some products have a single item custom field, so that they can be configured before shipping.

Since this is still a development site, I've activated the Hikashop Credit Card Payment plugin and the Check Payment plugin.

The site is using the default Joomla template (Protostar), so any error messages being generated should be visible. The browser shows no Javascript errors or missing support files.

It all seems perfectly normal until I hit the Finish Button on the checkout page.

The modern Hikashop Checkout interface simply reloads the page repeatedly, delivering no errors, no javascript errors, or messages at all. However, if I activate the Legacy Checkout interface, the Order is completed normally, emails are sent and the order record gets created.

This isn't a show-stopper for us, but I would really prefer to use the modern, more user-friendly interface, rather than leave an unknown issue hanging out there.

Without any errors at all to work from, I don't even know how to begin to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions?

Also, If one of the override shipping methods is used, but the expense is free, it doesn't get listed. I can modify the checkout template easily, but does the shipping method's data even indicate that it's being used if there is no resultant charge?

Thanks.

This message contains confidential information

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
4 years 9 months ago #307974

Hi,

1. Download again the HikaShop install package on our website and install it on yours. That will add a patch which should fix the problem.

2. Even if the shipping method costs 0, it is still selected and thus still stored in the order.

The following user(s) said Thank You: icomex

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #307986

That seems to have taken care of the issue.

Thank you very much.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds